Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

11g's every where
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fruad:
Collector Car Fraud - http://www.dcdlaw.net/carfraud.htm

For data plates:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it looks to good to be true?

Anybody who buys a restored car with plates that look like that are only fooling themself's without a birth certificate and a inspection, unless the seller has the OG VIN tags.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hebster52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can fake patina and age on those new ones too if you really want to... Rolling Eyes
The KidVRod project
The 356 Pre-A replica,SOLD
The 1966 Kommanderwagen, SOLD
The Doppel -67, SOLD
The Singlecab -72, SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hebster52 wrote:
You can fake patina and age on those new ones too if you really want to... Rolling Eyes

Ya Think Question Rolling Eyes That 's why I posted "If it looks to be good to be true?" plus getting a "birth cert" and a "inspection"

BTW, nice job on the kidvrod.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
UZI wrote:
i got burned on a fake 23 window by drew C. olome

Join the crowd.............that guy's a total loser. Why he stays in business....who knows? Trust me, he'll get his one day. Evil or Very Mad

What fries my ass is why that idiot is still allowed to sell on this site? Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=231660

he's a mouthy fukker too. he came up to me at pomona one day, i had no idea who he was. i was listening to the crap he was spewing at me and i realized. i told him i was about to punch his little face in. as soon as he got about 10' away, he started up again. by the end of the day, he handed me a stack of $100s.

that was the same day rareair told me he wasn't into VWs any more. remember that glenn?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ivan Fuller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there are plenty of these plates readily available for many makes of vehicle, locally manufactured in New Zealand, cheap too.

What does one do in the case where you do not have the original ID tag as in my case for my 47. I even talked to the guy who removed it in the late sixties. The reality is that the vehicles ID is really attached to the chassis/pan, (it is in my case and the correct number).

One thing of interest to me is that these "repros/fakes" are all printed on aluminium. While I do not have my original plate I was given an original plate off a 46 and this is etched on to steel - not stamped. The guy over here can't do them on steel.

I have had some people swear to me that these early plates were aluminium but the one I have in my hand disproves this. Anybody else have any thoughts on the steel aluminium thing?
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early plates on some German cars were made or a very maliable material. Like tin and seemed to be zinc plated. Nobody makes those, for some reason. I have fresh new aluminum ones for my old car. But, cleaned up the OE ones instead. In my case, they are some of the scant few original parts I got for my car (I got an almost enpty shell) Here's an example:
http://www2.190slgroup.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=35911

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: