Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

sun and moon horn buttons
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: sun and moon horn buttons Reply with quote

I have seen several varieties of these buttons, and I was wonder if anyone knew exactly what the deal with them is.

the first sun and moon button that I got has soft edges on all the gold parts. the second one that I got has crisp sharp edges on everything.

here is a pic that shows what my first one is like (on the left) and my second one (on the right) the one on the left is not my button, I robbed the pic off of an ebay ad sometime back.

EDIT: better picture.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information

Last edited by Lind on Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think - but I am not sure - that Flat Four used to sell a repop of those.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemke wrote:

I know that they were repop'd by flat four, but I am pretty sure that both of mine are originals because they both came as complete buttons with german petri bases. one of them I got at a show, the other one came from a junkyard.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OilDropMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemke wrote:

Flat4 sell reproductions with larger diameter - for the "banjo" wheel. Have never seen repros of the size pictured above.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OilDropMan wrote:
lemke wrote:

Flat4 sell reproductions with larger diameter - for the "banjo" wheel. Have never seen repros of the size pictured above.

I would agree.......I have not seen repros in that size.. Confused
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these centers ar the same size as a batwing center. they have a button that will fit a bus wheel, but I think that the buttons were more intended for other petri steering wheels for other european cars.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
these centers ar the same size as a batwing center. they have a button that will fit a bus wheel, but I think that the buttons were more intended for other petri steering wheels for other european cars.

That being the case.............I much prefer the badge on the right. If they both are real, then the one on the right might be an earlier production. Confused
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originals,

So far no repro's in the 56-59 steering wheels ............but just give it time Evil or Very Mad All of these were found on e--y. One just has to be patient and step up to the plate. No need for repro's, they are out there.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=94904
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwovalguy wrote:
Originals,

So far no repro's in the 56-59 steering wheels ............but just give it time Evil or Very Mad

when you say 56-59 do you mean centers that fit into stock '56-'59 horn buttons, or the petri horn buttons that will fit onto those wheels but takes batwing sized centers?

the banjo centers even larger than the batwing centers right?

are there sun and moon centers that fit the stock '56-'59 horn button?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: