Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sunroof open stuck parts plastic cover cables FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof open stuck parts plastic cover cables FAQ Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
Zonga78 wrote:
Hey i know this is an old tread but maybe someone can help. I'm chassing the cable guide for a VW T2 Bay Sunroof.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2560918

Please let me know if you can assiti or point me in the right direction.

is this like a pre-1970 bay? Or are we looking at the bottom of the part in your link?

This is the top view of 1970 and later. Early ones were weird combinations of plastic parts different than the late ones. Later ones have a metal bottom and different cover. If it is the late part, anyone like TheBusco, Avery's Air Cooled, Busted Bus, Chris in Oakland etc., could find you one. New, never because it never goes bad except from old age, and it has been NLA since forever. One has to go back to a mid-70's fiche to even find the part number.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

later parts

You have the right idea.

Type 3's had the same mechanism, VW used two different type of metal supports to keep the cables from binding, A small c clip that covers both cables, and the larger metal piece that covers the whole set up like so.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof open stuck parts plastic cover cables FAQ Reply with quote

Are the bus parts here the same as Type 3? Because I can get most of this stuff for Type 3…

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karmeliet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sunroof open stuck parts plastic cover cables FAQ Reply with quote

Hi,
i tried to draw and posted (but i didn't test, except the clip : 241 877 381) in thinkgiverse all the plastics parts for 3d printing

you can find it here : https://www.thingiverse.com/ant1aircooled/designs

however, i would need the dimensions of the 4 hooks which allow the roof to be lifted at the end of close, (2 on the roof, 2 on the bus)
thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: