Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring for fresh water pump switch?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vndlfsn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject: Wiring for fresh water pump switch? Reply with quote

I didn’t take note of the positions of the 2 purple and 1 green wire going to the rocker switch before disconnecting them.

I put them back but now the sink faucet only works with the pump rocker switch on. Therefore I’m assuming I’ve not wired it correctly.

Each of the spades is labeled: middle is 1 and on either side are 1a and 1b.

Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xEVC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring for fresh water pump switch? Reply with quote

Is this a USA full camper (e.g. Winnebago conversion)? What year?

My 2000 EVC has two yellow wires only.

There's a wiring diagram for 1995 year here: https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Files/Winnebago/Resources/Diagram/1995/114202.pdf

It appears to show blue, purple, and gray colors.
Vndlfsn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring for fresh water pump switch? Reply with quote

Sorry- that would be for s 1997 EVC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vndlfsn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring for fresh water pump switch? Reply with quote

I found the wiring diagram on the Winnebago website. I had no idea those existed, that’s very cool!

It appears as if somebody swapped the two wire switch out for a three wire at some point in time and that’s what was goofing me up.

I ordered a new two wire switch from eurocampers.com.

Thanks everybody for your help!
Vndlfsn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring for fresh water pump switch? Reply with quote

So yeah wiring gremlins. Entering the rear compartment are 2 purples and one green. One of the purples has been sliced into 2 hot leads and the other purple is Neutral as is the green. I can pair the 4 to the opump switch and the 12v outlet and all will work but the sink faucet only works when the pump is on via the switch.

The manual clearly states that the faucet pump automatically turns on when you turn the faucet knob.

Looking under the sink I can see the pump and the various hoses and electrical wiring but I do not see a switch anywhere even though it is noted on the Winnebago wiring diagram as separate from the pump and separate from the rear pump switch.
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring for fresh water pump switch? Reply with quote

The 1995 Winnebago EVC had a switch in the control panel just above the Norcold Refrigerator. My understanding is that beginning with the next model (1997) the switch was integrated into the rotating knob of the shurflo faucet (while the rear sprayer still requires first acting a separate switch).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: