Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New classic manx #93
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

It's been awhile so here is an update

Link

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! A picture is worth a thousand words but a video is even more so.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

So it RAINS ...........a lot........when I drive the buggy.😒😒😒😒
So it is time to make some side curtains.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Not perfect by a long shot but should keep most of the rain off me.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Link

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

wow I have not posted anything for a while... Will try to get everyone cought up.
Well I got the twin turbo set up on the buggy and.... Well..... Let's just say I had some technical difficulties lol. That happened right be for Sickweek 2024. So I borrowed a stock motor from a friend so I could go. Not a power house like the 2386, but it has proven to be reliable.
So with a stocker and some 36 Dell's she was ready to go.

Surprisingly it pulled the wheels at every track even though I launched it so soft. I actually didn't believe anyone that said it was pulling the wheels until someone showed me the picture lol.

On day one of this five day adventure before we even got to the track it rained. And of course I had the side curtains but they were not installed LOL. Here is a small video to enjoy while I go eat dinner

Link

516swg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

That Turbo pedal is fantastic. I need to post pics. But I went with the big boy pedal modification. I did the pedal spacer kit that pushes the clutch over an inch. And. I bought a roller pedal, threw away the roller and put in a green skateboard wheel to match the body color. Also, on the big boy mods, I cut the steering shaft down by 3 inches.
But I found the rollr pedal wasn't giving full throttle. I had to gring down a little material to give full throw
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

So I put the twin turbos back on the buggy. It still has the stocker on it, so takes a bit to spool as expected.

Had to get innovated to set up the CB black box as the software was on a disc and all my laptops do not have a CD drive.

Setup the two step for 3200 and a rev limiter of 5000. Should have went higher on the
Rev limiter as she is really coming a live at 4000 and pulling hard at 5k but it still has stock springs so better safe than broken LOL.
Tried to hook up the two step to a momentary switch , but it was not a momentary switch as advertised just a push on and it locks push again and it turns off. Not what I wanted but what I had and we were off to the races.

The switch was a real let down as it would stick and I thought I was hitting the over rev limiter in first gear. But I was hitting the two step again and that really killed the ET, I was in the left Lane.

She went a full second faster than it did just carbureted tho.
So at the end of the night I got a fire lit in me to make it stand on the sump or break trying lol.
So I pulled the wire off the two step switch so I could manually ground it. Let it. I let it sit on the two step to build boost 9# of boost ( for some reason when it build boost on the two step it blows through 3200 rpm and goes to 4000) and side step the clutch. Well the stock transmission has been taken all my stupidity well but the spider gears have had enough and left the party. Leaving me sitting 10 ft from the starting line lol. So a friend of mine went and got his truck and tow bar to take the wounded Manx home.
So I have a rebuilt pro street transmission that needs installed , now I have a reason to do it hahaha.
1956Napcoron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: New classic manx #93 Reply with quote

Question on your wiper setup. Did you reduce the arc of the motor and
witch wiper arms are you using? I'm building a new Manx and need to modify the motor arc and find longer length arms.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: