Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 Ocressa Beetle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Ocressa Beetle Reply with quote

Mike, how's it going with the 66"?
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 Ocressa Beetle Reply with quote

It's been quite a while since I've posted about the car. I've come to conclusion that I'm going to sell it. Let me preface with the understanding that this isn't an ad. The car is currently, somewhat disassembled and I don't have a title for it, yet. That said, I would like to discuss value as I really don't follow the VW market closely.

Why?

Between work, home and other projects, this isn't fitting into my future or current plan. I have a couple of Bus projects which are very consuming as well as some major work to do on my house that is going to take a lot of my time over the next couple of years. Also, upgrading my shop and taking care of current customers is my priority, leaving little time to work on my personal cars. Additionally, this car deserves to end up in the hands of a dedicated enthusiast who understands the history and will use and enjoy the car.

Current condition.

The engine and trans are out. As noted in the thread, I installed a different beam and still need to install spindles, etc... I could re-install the trans to make it a roller. I could get the thing in running condition, but that would be counterproductive to my goal of freeing up some space and time. Thoughts?

Value.

I know enough about what I have and Okrassa history to know that this is a significant car. It's literally dripping with period accessories in addition to the Okrassa motor. The only thing that's been changed from when I got the car is the beam has been rebuit and narrowed three inches to fit my then plan of BRM's and disks. After some thought, that seemed contrary to the vibe of the car and I decided to put the four lug, date matched steelies back on.

I know that there are a lot of variables here and that's what I'd like to discuss. There are some real experts in this forum and I appreciate any input you have. Thanks in advance.

I'd like nothing more than to see this car in the hands of an appreciative enthusiast who will get it back on the road, where it belongs. This car is begging to be rallied again.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 Ocressa Beetle Reply with quote

I'd at least make it a roller - your audience becomes much bigger than just locals. making it run and drive make your audience even bigger.

I dig it but I'm far away - I'd want it running / driving even if it needs a ton more because i want to know the trans is good, engine is good etc. It's much easier to find someone to transport a driving car, even if it's just to limp it up the trailer. my thoughts anyways - I also hope the car finds the right home.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1966 Ocressa Beetle Reply with quote

I think you're right on all counts, Eric. I'm going to have to find time to weave this project into my schedule, otherwise it's just a very interesting pile of parts.

I think part of me doesn't want to dive in an get it finished because I know I'll want to keep it.

I guess the next step will be to get it back on four wheels, then dig into the engine to discover what mysteries lie within.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Ocressa Beetle Reply with quote

can you oblige a tl;dr on where the car is at while i catch up on 6 pages, plz Smile

best thread that i've never seen in awhile Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: