Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodgersbadassbus64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

So it appears my cam is a cb 2213. Even though all I can see is a 13. Mystery cam eagle big foot superlift 2213 308° 274° .437" .480" .546" .611".
However with anything close to 1:5 comes out to .655… I really am not comfortable going over .600. I was going to get the scats 1:25 but it appears they will not fit because of my large valve springs. I called CB today they said it was there 1:4’s or pauter. He said that his 1:25 would not fit. So I might just have to shim my autotcrafts. I’m thinking that Pauters would be the best long term solution. So now I’m asking around if anyone has some used 1:3 for sale? I find it strange that they’re are no real 1:4’s anymore. I did pull my heads and changed out my pushrod tubes to single use bigmouths. Found out that many of my pushrods were actually bent. So I will be using manton 3/8 chromemolly pushrods. Didn’t want to cut them until I have a solution for rocker arms.
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

Not used, but I also sell NEW rockers that usually measure out right near 1.32. I am not sure if they will fit larger diameter springs though. I have never tried. I know they will fit with CB's VW650 springs.

https://type-emotorsports.com/collections/engine-parts/products/1-3-ratio-rockers

Brian
rodgersbadassbus64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

I have a set of those and they won’t clear the springs. What are they patterned after? Meaning the rockers like Brian E. Has.
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

rodgersbadassbus64 wrote:
I have a set of those and they won’t clear the springs. What are they patterned after? Meaning the rockers like Brian E. Has.

My springs kit will work with those 1.3 rockers of brian e's. The OD of the retainer is only .925" and the parts combo of the kit is a whole lot lighter than what you have. Plus, you would not have to but a set of new rockers. Dan

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2083200
rodgersbadassbus64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

CB Competition Eliminator heads are a whole different game. Massive springs for the 46x37 valves that are moved outwards .100. I wouldn’t be going through this if it were simple. Also if the rockers were a true as advertised ratio or smaller. 1:4 tends to be closer to 1:5 which would put me way over .600 lift while spinning close to 8000 rpms. There’s not enough room for large china stuff
Now I’m starting to think pauter 1:3’s haven’t became willingly to cough up the dough. Hopefully will find a used set.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

rbolner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

Did you fix this issue with your pushrod tubes and rockers? I run Comp E. heads with Jaycee tubes and 1.4 CB rockers with under .600 lift. I can send you some pics and more info on it.
rodgersbadassbus64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement. Any idea what ratio yours ended up being for example 1.43 or 1.45. I just went back with my 1:25 autocraft and spaced out my end rockers and flips the cap. I did have bent pushrods they were all bent except one. I used the cb bigmouth pushrod tubes. I tried to find a set of autocrafts but no. Tried to get a set of pauter 1:30 but wasn’t comfortable at $600 or $650 for 1:4. I guess I have the big Chevy valve springs. I called CB and he said he had the cb 1:4 and didn’t think any current rockers would fit with exception of Cb 1:4 or pauters. My autocrafts turn out about .540 so I’m hoping that’s enough to to be able to make power close to 7500. I may just see how it goes and if my motor is good enough save up for pauters. I just purchase close ratio gears for my rancho pro street… need to pay to get them installed. I also just purchased some 21 3/4 28mm torsion bar… the spending at the end keeps increasing. Seat harness and hardware. Like I tell my wife “I really need this. Yet I want pauters! So yes a couple of pictures would be awesome.
rbolner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

Howzit, sorry so late. I'm 3 hours behind you so, long day. In these pics are the older stuff I run. Comp heads are 1st gen. 1993 I believe, with older Jaycee tubes which I had to machine the heads for them to fit right. Older CB rockers, maybe 2014, there 1.43's cause I got under .590 lift with FK46. You can see #3 exhaust has extra shims to line it up but probably didn't have to go that far. #4 exhaust is really close to the tube. I could probably shim it more but it works. You mentioned your pushrods bending so your bottoming out on something (springs or retainer). Might be why the pushrod tubes to moved around. Not sure though, just double check. The other rockers you have should work like the one Dan and Brian are talking about, but check why those pushrods are bending. I've flipped those end caps before even on the high end Scat one's. Try not to run the aluminum one's without a shim between the end cap and the rocker. Just Lock tight the end bolts AFTER you get them lined up and shimmed, then keep an eye on them. And Dan's right about the older Autocrafts splitting open. That's what mine did before I put the CB rockers on. They can't handle the K800 springs. A little side note, back when I bought those Comp. heads I thought I was spending too much money. I think they were under $800 with manifolds. Shocked

rodgersbadassbus64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

Thank you for your time. I think I could get away with 1:43.

Building cars is something I’m passionate about. My friend Greg McNair say that there’s only so many parts on a motor but with the elimination of one little part it won’t run. So the small things are really big things.
rbolner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cb comp eliminator heads push rod tubes moving Reply with quote

Yeah, you won't loose much. I like that truck set up. Different than most out there. That would be bad ass mid engined. I'm looking for a late 80's early 90's Golf body to go on a VW pan myself. Do you know what the weight is?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: