Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Show us your aux fuse panels and bus-bars
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject: Show us your aux fuse panels and bus-bars Reply with quote

Many of us want to add circuits the the main or coach-powered batteries. I've added additional power outlets, a temp display, and a smart mirror to my Eurovan and wanted an aux fuse panel to power it all. This is how I did it. Would like to start a discussion to share ideas and help others who may also want to add fused circuits...

I ran a 10ga wire from the battery, thru the firewall, and into an inline 30a fuse and into a 40a automotive relay. The relay is triggered-on by fuse-tap into the radio circuit. The output of the relay feeds a 6-circuit fuse box. The same fuse box has a 10ga ground wire to the grounding tree next to the main Eurovan fuse-area.

The fuse box is mounted to a u-channel rail that supports the brake pedal and other items. It's securely mounted to the steering column supports and sits high enough that it's accessible but shouldn't interfere with knees and lower legs. When the driver's side lower instrument panel cover/bolster is installed, it can only be accessed from below. I attached the fuse box to the u-channel with a plastic clip that securely snaps into the rail and is affixed to the fuse box with multiple 3M double-sided tape strips.

How do others approach auxiliary fuses and circuits? I will likely make some modifications to the coach battery circuits on my weekender as well.

Here is the fuse panel affixed to the u-channel above the brake pedal.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is the clip that snaps into the u-channel. The button fits into a hole in the channel so it won't slide around or slide-off. It's difficult to snap in/out but holds things securely and allows the panel to be removed for servicing etc if necessary. It's not visible in the photo above because it's attached to the back of the panel. You can barely see the bottom "lip" of it protruding from the base of the aux fuse panel just behind the ground wires.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: