Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rear window leak EVC
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject: rear window leak EVC Reply with quote

I recently removed all of the plastic panels in an effort to replace my rotting floor. While installing the floor and all that that involves I was working inside of the van during a rare desert rain event. I noticed a pretty severe drip coming from the bottom rail of the right rear window, which would not have been noticed with the paneling in place. Actually it was dripping from the middle lower screw head and running along the rail and down the inside sheetmetal of the van. I was lucky as I hadn't considered this as a leak spot. (I had previously cleaned and re-caulked the rubber blocks on the roof and thought that was the main culprit of my leaks.

I couldn't find much reference to window leaks or a remedy, so I thought I would reach out and see if anyone has found a problem spot or 'easy' fix before tearing into the window.

Has anyone had or fixed this issue yet?
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: rear window leak EVC Reply with quote

I haven't ever heard of the rear window being prone to leaking - as such, I think this is likely more an issue of your window needing to be R/R'd.
If you have no-cost glass insurance, call up your preferred window shop and have them replace it... If not they can remove the window and clean the old adhesive off the back then use new urethane adhesive to reinstall it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: rear window leak EVC Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
I haven't ever heard of the rear window being prone to leaking - as such, I think this is likely more an issue of your window needing to be R/R'd.
If you have no-cost glass insurance, call up your preferred window shop and have them replace it... If not they can remove the window and clean the old adhesive off the back then use new urethane adhesive to reinstall it.

The vehicle in question being an EVC, the window in question isn't glued in, and is an operable slider window. Is it possible that the drains in the channel are plugged up, which would cause water to come inside rather than draining away?
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: rear window leak EVC Reply with quote

yes, thanks, its is an EVC with slider. I'll definitely check the drains. Looks like there is an old felt channel for the slider to, well, slide in. Mine seems old and crusty. Anyone know of a source for a replacement?
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: rear window leak EVC Reply with quote

Apologies, had not read clearly that it was thee rear side window. I had thought it was the rear window but on the right side; my bad.
I have an EVC too, the RV windows are standard RV windows and (for lack of better word) "snap" together there is still a sealant that goes around the outside. You'll see around the window frame are thin rectangular slits. It isn't hard to remove these if you wanted to re-seal them. The hardest part is going to be removing the interior plastic wall to access the window.
But, as was mentioned earlier there are rubber seals on the window which may have dried/cracked/shrunk. There are a number of RV window suppliers you can order windows from - the hardest part is actually that this particular window has a bit of an angle to the rear which might be hard to replicate without tracing.
If you google "replacement RV windows" you'll find a bunch of options.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: