Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Life - Youtube Channel
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
galexander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

We need to spend some time on Seaside sorting the fuel injection. We mostly have been working our way to the back on it. I think we'll find the CSV isn't getting juice and a vacuum leak somewhere once we start debugging it.
Thank you for watching VW LIFE.
Gary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kennys72bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

I watch every vw life I can find,,, but have one question? What is CSV ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

CSV is the Cold Start Valve, AKA the 5th injector. CSV is opened to allow fuel directly into the plenum which is like a choke of sorts.
aquavette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Long time no hear from.
Matt Jackson still around?
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

aquavette wrote:
Long time no hear from.

whobba!
hey I'm here. Editing videos take a lot of time. Creating a video every week for four years was a lot of work. it's more work than most people comprehend. i just need a break
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Yay, Matt is here! Your videos are the best, super creative and always interesting and fun. I like the way you edit and film a lot!

I was thinking about VW Life, and wondering if you started a Patreon to support your efforts would help?
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Longboardluv wrote:
aquavette wrote:
Long time no hear from.

whobba!
hey I'm here. Editing videos take a lot of time. Creating a video every week for four years was a lot of work. it's more work than most people comprehend. i just need a break

Good to hear it. For sure people don’t understand the details and effort on the production side. I am no Steven Spielberg or even Senor Spielberg (Simpsons ref) but it’s an easy tell to see how the YouTube content changed since day one.

You guys know the phrase “don’t let excellent get in the way of good” so get yourselves over to Top Notch and kiss and make up over a malt shake. Laughing Laughing
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

I am thoroughly enjoying the VW Life channel, and have been binge-watching in my spare time for a couple of weeks.

I just wanted to comment here because several episodes ago Gary mentioned something about having trouble finding 3rd gear. I have been having that issue in my Beetle for quite a while using three different gear shift levers (I changed the levers because of issues with the levers, themselves, not the shifting).

I think Gary made reference to changing the shift coupler. I looked in my parts box and found the new OEM-style shift coupler I thought I had installed when I replaced my shift rod bracket and bushing quite a while back.

Turns out the original one was still in the car. I replaced it with the new one, and holy guacamole, what a difference. Every gear change is smoother, quieter, and more precise. And 3rd gear is there every time!

So thanks to Gary for that short comment that enabled me to eliminate my car's last drivetrain issue. Exclamation
porkchop-rob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Longboardluv wrote:
aquavette wrote:
Long time no hear from.

whobba!

Selling the Bus?
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
whobba!

Selling the Bus?

Yep
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

galexander wrote:
We need to spend some time on Seaside sorting the fuel injection. We mostly have been working our way to the back on it. I think we'll find the CSV isn't getting juice and a vacuum leak somewhere once we start debugging it.
Thank you for watching VW LIFE.
Gary

Hey Gary - Can you fast track the renovation/ Road-steration of the single cab? Not sure if it’s a super deep project but it would be great to see more posts on that bus in ‘24.

Keep up the awesome work with the channel.
galexander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Hey Gondiwindi!

We have a VW text thread here in Austin and just last week poor Old Johnson the Single Cab was the brunt of the Joke of the Day!
I think it has been sitting for 15years, and yes, I do need to get after it. Just seems like there are other VW's always jumping it in the line of who needs work!

Thank you for watching VW Life, we have some big goings on for 2024!!!
Gary
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Gary - I always feel like in the pecking order of vintage VWs, split window busses are the king of the coop. How may pages of action items are needed for OJTSC to get back on the road? The bays, beetles, 914 and fastback resto episodes were cool. Maybe the 5th Beatle - AKA El Bretto can add some extra hands to fast tracking of OJTSC?

Looking forward to seeing the bus out of the garage one day. Popcorn
Best of luck buddy.
galexander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Yes indeed!
Nothing is better or more fun than working on a split window Bus!
Have a Happy New Year!
galexander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Thank you everybody for continuing to tune in to VW LIFE!
We have lots of new stuff coming this spring, as VW Projects are all over the place!
In the mean time, hope y'all enjoy the trip down memory lane with some very early VW Harvest promo videos made by the one and only NINAMASHR.

Keep LIVIN that VW LIFE!
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Gary - Can you do a video on multimeters and how you use them on your VW busses? I am probably a D- student with this area and it would be good to get the VW Life point of view (back off Samba Nazis - I said VW Life point of view) Laughing
galexander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Great idea!!!'

I will get the guys together soon and we will make it an episode.
'thank you!!!
Gary
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Life - Youtube Channel Reply with quote

Thanks Gary. As a lot of the VW repair shops have closed around here and probably in most other towns and cities also. It’s definitely a hobby where more knowledge is best. You guys have already done some awesome how-to’s and my bus turn switch doesn’t flop around on my steering column thanks to one of your videos. You guys probably have heaps of future content in this space.

Cheers!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to:
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: