Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intake Duct P/N 023129627C for 1995 Eurovan
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronicl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject: Intake Duct P/N 023129627C for 1995 Eurovan Reply with quote

My intake duct has a rip causing the sensor to act up resulting in misfiring and stalling. I've managed to keep our van going with duct tape, but I am looking for a new/ or used intake duct. They seemed to have been discontinued. Anyone have a good lead to one that I can pursue?

Attached pictures mine, duct taped and one that I got from online.

Thank you!

Ronicl
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Intake Duct P/N 023129627C for 1995 Eurovan Reply with quote

ronicl wrote:
My intake duct has a rip causing the sensor to act up resulting in misfiring and stalling. I've managed to keep our van going with duct tape, but I am looking for a new/ or used intake duct. They seemed to have been discontinued. Anyone have a good lead to one that I can pursue?

Attached pictures mine, duct taped and one that I got from online.

Thank you!

Ronicl

If you're unable to find a proper replacement, there's a repair technique that works better. Clean the boot well, inside and out using soap and water and then solvent. Once the boot is cleaned, use silicone (the permatex black works great for this) to fill the ribs where the breaks are. Tool the silicone with a finger to shape it nicely. Let the silicone cure. Then use good electrical tape, like 3m super 88 to reinforce the boot, winding tightly starting beyond the damaged area, and continuing well past it. Overlap about 80% with each turn.

This fix can work for years if done carefully.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: