Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quality Sound 54 Deluxe
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:45 pm    Post subject: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

There used to be a great build thread here about the Quality Sound BD. It appears to have been deleted. Any idea why?

Here are a few pictures from the Gallery by "Busben" and a picture by the new owner "Nick is Home" from FB:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

New owner:
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

Shoyrtt wrote:
There used to be a great build thread here about the Quality Sound BD. It appears to have been deleted. Any idea why?

Good question! I was searching for the thread earlier this week so I could share it with a friend and BAM!! Discovered it disappeared. What the heck?

On another note, the various photos are still in the gallery.
1964 Chop Top
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

He asked for it to be removed for a while some time ago.

I did save it so it can be restored but he hasn't requested it yet.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

I can see why someone would want to hide the provenance of a bus that was literally cut into pieces and reassembled decades later.

For what it's worth, I think that it was cool that it was reassembled, and the faux logos are pretty neat. One more bus on the road, with much more exciting logos than it originally had.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

There really shouldn't be a need to hide anything, QS has its very own unique (and cool) story and enough exposure anyways. If owner decides to sell, the buyer should know about those details anyways. Not even sure if the story and full build adds or takes from the value. Somebody wanting a patina BD would probably love the whole take, while somebody wanting a clean, original bus will walk away anyways.
The side panel logos are really well done, and artist work. That said, knowing they are not og to the bus, personally I'd remove them. Along with the non period correct thinband whitewall tires and deep dish wheels. Otherwise, killer bus !

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice to see my old bus still causing interest Cool One that I wish I’d been able to hang on to, but such is life. Got a couple of magazine features and a lot of internet action back in the day so I can’t see anyone ever trying to “hide” anything about this bus’ past; and why would they want to? It’s got more OG metal than most Barndoor projects these days, and each new owner has loved it and put their own stamp on it. It’s pretty bad ass and I’m still super proud of it.

Nick bought it from me and repainted over the bottom half in the faux patina paint with new logos. I reprimanded him after searching for the missing OG paint parts for so long lol. Each to their own though. He also lowered it, banded the wheels and put a new motor in it. Cool guy doing cool things to a cool bus.

Now it’s got another new owner; a friend of mine; who also knows everything about this old girl. The resto story goes with it. That’s the fun of it! I’m super proud of my Barndoor saves; QS, Tocksfors, 51 Basket Case, Regna, DC, Dry Cleaners, 51 panel, Hallen, etc; and super proud that other people like them too.

Sorry about the thread; buy me a beer one day and I’ll tell you all about it Wink
52 split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

Hello busben how about an updated photo.
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

I sold it long ago I’m afraid. In the photos at the top of this thread ….. she was stock and OG paint when I finally sold her, (first snap), and lowered / banded / repainted bottom half / new logos when Nick owned her (second snap). Check out Irv’s restos (insta / fb / etc) here in the uk. Guessing she’ll be on there from time to time as that’s where she lives now. Irv did bring her along to BenPon last May and I think she’s used almost daily which is great Very Happy
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

And that may be the reason for taking the TS build thread down. As I recall you had a different shop do the work back then Ben.
If I ran a well proven pro body shop and owning such a sweet bus getting daily attraction, and people finding out somebody else welded it, that might be confusing. (even though it's just the personal story of this bus).
Non of my business anyways, to each their own. just talking ( cool) old buses. Cool

busben wrote:
Irv’s restos (insta / fb / etc) here in the uk. Guessing she’ll be on there from time to time as that’s where she lives now. Irv did bring her along to BenPon last May and I think she’s used almost daily which is great Very Happy

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
rumpnisse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Quality Sound 54 Deluxe Reply with quote

Ben, miss your threads aswell, apart from cool pictures they are very well written and amusing Popcorn

Latest picture I have seen of it, like the look with these wheels but I think I´ve seen a later picture with another set of wheels on Think

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: