Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy.
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DztBugy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject: Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy. Reply with quote

Looking to find out how the mounts are mounted to the torsion bars.
I want to pull my buggy behind my RV.
Thanks
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy. Reply with quote

wrong question.

how are VW tow bars connected?

https://www.mooreparts.com/empi-3127-volkswagen-bug-karmann-ghia-baja-or-manx-tow-bar-for-2-ball/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

with a U shaped clamp that slides up under the bottom beam.

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
Wulfthang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy. Reply with quote

I think he wants to use his Roadmaster tow bar for his buggy. The Roadmaster tow bar is about the best there is and is very easy to use. It self centers so you don't have to line the ball up to the hitch. Just unclip it, slide it all over, hitch it up, drive off and it locks itself into the center position. They have different mounts for different vehicles to tow behind a Motorhome. You can use the same tow bar for multiple vehicles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DesertSasquatchXploration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy. Reply with quote

I'm guessing you have the premium non-binding tow bar? The ball hitch models wont work at an angle any tow bar at an angle is not wise.

Your much better off building mounts into the front tubular frame sticking your hands into the greasy abyss that is the front end gets old real quick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wulfthang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy. Reply with quote

You can have one Roadmaster tow bar set up with a dozen different vehicles all set up to be towed with it. The difference is in the mounts that are attached to each vehicle. Each different vehicle takes a different mount.

I think what he wants to know, is how tow bars are attached to Dune Buggy's. (Kick in here any time, OP) It's the same as for any VW Bug but I don't know if Roadmaster makes a mount for VW's. You may have to fabricate one to attach to the cross beams.

What those high dollar tow bars can do, is unlatch the individual bars so you can swing the ball socket mount from side to side. You hitch it up and drive off. The hitch centers itself and locks in place. No more having to have a helper yelling "A little left. More left. To far, back up". Or even worse, getting out to look at it yourself and then getting in and trying again.

I often tow my Rail to the boonies with my truck and am by myself when it comes time to re-hitch for the ride home. I couldn't see the hitch while sitting in my rail so I built an eyeball camera system with a little monitor that I clip to my steering wheel when hitching it up for the ride home. I can see the hitch on the monitor.

The first time I did it on my own in the boonies, it took me an hour to get hooked up. I would have paid big money for a Roadmaster hitch.
DztBugy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounts for Roadmaster towbar on type1 buggy. Reply with quote

I pull my Jeep with my RV and would like to use the Roadmaster to pull the Buggy.

I have large Lugs on the Jeep bumper that the Roadmaster attaches to.

I was hoping that someone here also was using a Roadmaster so that I could see how they had done their mounting to a beam axle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: