Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door Panel Upholstery for a '51 Standard
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Door Panel Upholstery for a '51 Standard Reply with quote

Going back through previous discussions about upholstery in standards, I found a thread here in 2006 where there was uncertainty about the coverings on the door panels in '51 standard beetle. Should the fabric be the same as the seats? Or as suggested in this thread, is the fabric supposed to be solid with no rib pattern? My seats are done with the correct material. Now I want to do the panels. Any input appreciated...

Pete Keesling
Driving a VW every day.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Upholstery for a '51 Standard Reply with quote

Hello Pete,
Happy Holidays! Yes, the panels should be the same as the seats, and the standard model shouldn't have the rib pattern, but I did get some 70-year-old original standard seats from Germany that have the rib pattern, and I matched the same look and went well with my car. But Jake (Sled) showed some pictures of the correct original standard material, which maybe what you have your seats wrapped in.

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Upholstery for a '51 Standard Reply with quote

are you sure about the door panels? this thread has info about them and suggests they were a plain material https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

this is the material sled posted as being for 4/51 to 52 standard upholstery
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

hopefully beetlekey or johnshenry will chip in. it would be good to have a clear summing up of what is agreed upon regarding the standard interiors.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: