TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lance Armstrong interview Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Glenn Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm watching the interview and now think less of his since he was such a ruthless prick to so many people.

I also feel sorry for him that now that he realizes it. He has to live with the knowledge of knowing what he did.

Win at all cost is not a way to live.

scottvw Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

I have raced bikes for the past 25 years and so wanted to believe he was clean.

Unfortunately his greed overshadowed his better judgement. It's amazing to see the interviews where he denied the accusations and now admit to them.

The worst part is that he and other dopers stole opportunities of clean talented riders. Armstrong also ruined a lot of people's lives.

bro2539 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 pm

He did nothing more than any other pro athlete did. They ALL take PED's and they ALL lie about it. I think its ridiculous that you can have a better body through science and it is not accepted by the masses. He had a lot on the line and that is the only reason they targeted him.

ALLWAGONS Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 pm

So much for LIESTRONG!

Dunebubby Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 am

I think we all took pitty on Lance for having lost a "nut" to cancer; He seemed incredible,.......to have come back from that and won so many races.

NOW we know the truth. As an avid cyclist, and having seen him as such an inspiration, that comes as a slap in the face,.......or left testicle :(

RockStock Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 am

Total arse

Glenn Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 am

bro2539 wrote: He did nothing more than any other pro athlete did. They ALL take PED's and they ALL lie about it. I think its ridiculous that you can have a better body through science and it is not accepted by the masses. He had a lot on the line and that is the only reason they targeted him.
It
s not the doping... its the cover up and how ruthless he was.

He hurt a lot of people. Cycling is just not that important to justify the coverup.

blankmange Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 am

Glenn wrote: bro2539 wrote: He did nothing more than any other pro athlete did. They ALL take PED's and they ALL lie about it. I think its ridiculous that you can have a better body through science and it is not accepted by the masses. He had a lot on the line and that is the only reason they targeted him.
It

He hurt a lot of people. Cycling is just not that important to justify the coverup.

Nothing justifies the impunity with which he pursued/sued/ruined people's lives that stood up and said he cheated.... his lack of remorse in the interview showed his ego and damn-near sociopathic lack of emotion towards 'other people'.....

I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall: what does he want? Admitting to all of this at this time was not because of anything his 'conscience' told him to do - there is a scheme in play here for him....

79SuperVert Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am

All those years that he was winning, I was vaguely disturbed by what he was doing to the sport, concentrating on just one big race and ignoring all the other classics. Sure, he was winning, and it was hard to argue with that, but he didn't seem to be enhancing the sport itself the way a Merckx or Bahamontes or Cipollini or other similar racers did. He was also never a very media- or fan-friendly person.

It bothered me that his picture seemed to appear on every other cover of Cycle Sport, giving him way more attention than I thought he deserved. Leaving his wife and kids for Sheryl Crow and then leaving her too didn't help. Just generally, he seemed like an unpleasant person. Although I never bought a Livestrong bracelet because of all these things, nonetheless I believed him when he said he didn't dope.

Now I see that my ambivalent feelings about him were justified. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

69 Jim Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:20 am

It seemed he was still not honest with some of the answers, and it looked like Doprah realizes it too. She sure called him on most of it though. It looks like he is attempting to pull another one over the public with his future plans.

19super73 Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am

blankmange wrote: Glenn wrote: bro2539 wrote: He did nothing more than any other pro athlete did. They ALL take PED's and they ALL lie about it. I think its ridiculous that you can have a better body through science and it is not accepted by the masses. He had a lot on the line and that is the only reason they targeted him.
It

Nothing justifies the impunity with which he pursued/sued/ruined people's lives that stood up and said he cheated.... his lack of remorse in the interview showed his ego and damn-near sociopathic lack of emotion towards 'other people'.....

I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall: what does he want? Admitting to all of this at this time was not because of anything his 'conscience' told him to do - there is a scheme in play here for him....

Exactly. He's doing this because he stands to benefit somehow...I just don't know how yet.

Ian Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am

RockStock wrote: Total arse

Bought sums it up.

A liar is absolute SCUM of the earth.

I heard he had to admit it because there was going to be some report which basically proved it, and if he didn't admit it, people would think he was a liar...oh wait....

Type 5 Joe Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm

You must admit..... It takes Ball to do what he did.

69 Jim Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Type 5 Joe wrote: You must admit..... It takes Ball to do what he did.

Egg zactly :lol:

emersonbiggins Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm

RockStock wrote: Total arse

And the same could be said of any of us at different points in our lives.

DAIZEE Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm

I believe that all who abused/used should be outed. It's the only way to level the playing field and clean it up. Ban the users and lets see who the really good cyclists are. Bigger deal in Europe than North America. He was just the best of the cheaters, now lets find the best of the best cyclist.

The Sage Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

19super73 wrote: Exactly. He's doing this because he stands to benefit somehow...I just don't know how yet. Maybe this has something to do with it... Justice may have pressured him to publicly admit he doped in exchange for not pursuing charges.
Quote: Armstrong’s Web site is replete with news releases that denounce the investigations into his past, noting that the Justice Department chose not to pursue charges after a two-year investigation. But he also chose not to contest the USADA’s sanctions, which included a lifetime ban and disqualifying all of his competitive results dating from Aug. 1, 1998.

Great look at his deeds in relation to other liars...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/p..._blog.html

vwracerdave Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 pm

He admitted it because now he will make millions telling his story, and a lot of you will pay to hear it. Oprah doesn't interview anybody unless she can profit off it, and she'll make her money off Lance. We love dirty laundry stories and will pay to hear about it. It's all about the money.

The Sage Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm

I don't know, if you look at the huge number of liable suits and settlements he won over the years, I imagine he has a shit storm of ramifications on those situations. One sponsor was sued and Armstrong was awarded 7.5 million dollars over a performance bonus and his insistence that he didn't use drugs. I would imagine they want their money plus interest now.

Low67vdubinnocal Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm

On the local Sacramento news tonight the reporter said his sponsors may want all the money back and his team mate wants 30 million from a whistle blowers lawsuit. Guess a lot of locals looked up to the guy. Not my kind of bike riding but I see them all over the city. Pretty sad for all his fans and people that supported him.