TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lance Armstrong interview Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
rusty57 Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 pm

This is not that shocking. It's not that he is a SINGLE NUT job or something. There are others.

zozo Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm

I've thought about this scandal long and hard, and try as I might I just can't bring myself to give a shit what Lance Armstrong has done.

ALLWAGONS Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:36 pm

emersonbiggins wrote: RockStock wrote: Total arse

And the same could be said of any of us at different points in our lives.

Yep, but were are not in the public eye and making millions and or winning races and or benefiting from the media.

hitest Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I've had a few people over the last 2 years ask me why I still wear "livestrong" wristbands. I always say it's not about Lance- but I support cancer research (I usually also have a pink ribbon pin but not just for Susan B Komen...). I've never had my answer followed up with anything negative about Livestrong- and like others feel a little let down by lance's story. It' strictly a symbol of what my family's gone through- and the negativity going about Lance cannot diminish that.

Now as a long time cyclist- I remember reading about this young amateur 19yo kid (who was quite stocky for a cyclist) from Texas chewing up the ranks for Motorola. I admired him for his youth and drive- and for the fact he represented a total opposite image to American racers of the time- because like Lance, I never looked like Greg LeMond. Lance was tearing up pavement against riders with half his bodyfat at an age where ALL his classmates were hammered drunk everyday and flipping burgers. That's the image I have of Lance- before all the horseshit and certainly before he was famous.

emersonbiggins Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 pm

ALLWAGONS wrote: emersonbiggins wrote: RockStock wrote: Total arse

And the same could be said of any of us at different points in our lives.

Yep, but were are not in the public eye and making millions and or winning races and or benefiting from the media.

In my opinion, fame and money doesn't make it any worse, just more of a news story.

If someone can live their life and not be thought an ass at some point.. well then i commend them.

Campmobile Chris74 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Lance deserve every bit of the crap he's getting.

However I do feel sorry for Lance's son. This kid defended his dad, believed in him and the whole time Lance knew it was a lie. The kid was innocent yet he's made to carry the burden of the fallout. What a douche bag. He's probably hurt, ashamed and getting ridiculed by his class mates. Good job throwing your kid under the bus all in the name of winning Lance!

I also wonder how much Sheryl Crow knew.

The Sage Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 am

Rather timely commentary from the grave...

NSFW Really...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTr2GSVUGg#!

crukab Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:18 am

One of my Bosses at work mentioned that Lance threatened wives of team mates ?? I had not heard this little factoid........ :?

iowegian Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 am

The Sage wrote: Rather timely commentary from the grave...

NSFW Really...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTr2GSVUGg#!
George was a very wise man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanhag Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 pm

vwracerdave wrote: He admitted it because now he will make millions telling his story, and a lot of you will pay to hear it. Oprah doesn't interview anybody unless she can profit off it, and she'll make her money off Lance. We love dirty laundry stories and will pay to hear about it. It's all about the money.

Boom, there goes the dynamite. He lost the endorsement deals so the next level to stoop to is selling your story. Gotta make money somehow. I wonder if he has to give his titles back or with everything now have a * beside it. If he was an eagle scout would he have to give back his merit badges?

All I know is that the french are going to be even more snobbish and rude from now on, thanks a lot Lance.

79SuperVert Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 pm

I remember hearing the first accusations of Lance doping coming from the French press years ago. Could be sour grapes after he started winning TDF's or could be they knew something.

EverettB Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Vanhag wrote: vwracerdave wrote: He admitted it because now he will make millions telling his story, and a lot of you will pay to hear it. Oprah doesn't interview anybody unless she can profit off it, and she'll make her money off Lance. We love dirty laundry stories and will pay to hear about it. It's all about the money.

Boom, there goes the dynamite. He lost the endorsement deals so the next level to stoop to is selling your story. Gotta make money somehow.

He has $125 million.
Unless he is a total moron, he doesn't need to work or make money. EVER.

vwracerdave Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:09 pm

It's not just Lance that will cash in on this deal, Ophra is pimping him big time to make millions and to save her OWN network.

The Sage Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:09 pm

EverettB wrote: Vanhag wrote: vwracerdave wrote: He admitted it because now he will make millions telling his story, and a lot of you will pay to hear it. Oprah doesn't interview anybody unless she can profit off it, and she'll make her money off Lance. We love dirty laundry stories and will pay to hear about it. It's all about the money. Boom, there goes the dynamite. He lost the endorsement deals so the next level to stoop to is selling your story. Gotta make money somehow. He has $125 million.
Unless he is a total moron, he doesn't need to work or make money. EVER. Well, Justice Dept wants 93 million to pay Floyd Landers for the whistle blower lawsuit for violating his USPS sponorship, 12 million to sponsors for performance bonuses, 1.6 million to the Sunday Times for the libel suit, he also breached his Nike sponsorship (they will be asking for that back) of 75 million and numerous other suits from people he attacked with legal action.

He could be poor soon.

Tram Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm

I say we let the French have him.

EverettB Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm

The Sage wrote: EverettB wrote: Vanhag wrote: vwracerdave wrote: He admitted it because now he will make millions telling his story, and a lot of you will pay to hear it. Oprah doesn't interview anybody unless she can profit off it, and she'll make her money off Lance. We love dirty laundry stories and will pay to hear about it. It's all about the money. Boom, there goes the dynamite. He lost the endorsement deals so the next level to stoop to is selling your story. Gotta make money somehow. He has $125 million.
Unless he is a total moron, he doesn't need to work or make money. EVER. Well, Justice Dept wants 93 million to pay Floyd Landers for the whistle blower lawsuit for violating his USPS sponorship, 12 million to sponsors for performance bonuses, 1.6 million to the Sunday Times for the libel suit, he also breached his Nike sponsorship (they will be asking for that back) of 75 million and numerous other suits from people he attacked with legal action.
If he to pay more than a tiny fraction of that, especially the government, he has the worst lawyers ever.

69 Jim Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm

He did beat nasty stage three testicular cancer and the even nastier French...

Vanhag Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 pm

69 Jim wrote: He did beat nasty stage three testicular cancer and the even nastier French...

I'll give him credit for the cancer comeback. But beating the French? Comeon, other than Canada, what country HASN'T flogged the frogs?

Gary Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Vanhag wrote: 69 Jim wrote: He did beat nasty stage three testicular cancer and the even nastier French...

I'll give him credit for the cancer comeback. But beating the French? Comeon, other than Canada, what country HASN'T flogged the frogs?

Well, there was the French Revolution. So in a sense, even the French have beaten the French.

Glenn Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Lets stay on topic... if you want to bash the French please do it somewhere else.

Thank you.