Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VintageVolks - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagevolks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagevolks wrote:
al9 wrote:
vintagevolks wrote:
al9 wrote:
I received the rear parcel tray trim for my Karmann Ghia that you sent to Australia wrapped in brown paper and not in a tube as we agreed. It arrived twisted and broken in three places!
Cheers!
AL
I told you 6 months ago to send me pictures of the damaged item which you never did. Would have refunded your money.. Item would not fit in a standard tube do to the angle of the part. Shipped it as best as I could.. Cant always be responsible for the post office.. Where are the pictures I asked for?

Here it is Bob, I really feel that I either deserve a refund or a replacement item to make this right but I have not heard from you since. You never mentioned anything about length or angle or possible difficulties with sending the item and in fact you offered me another parcel trim several weeks ago and again with no mention of 'postal issues'. I agree you cannot be held accountable with the postal system but common sense dictates an appropriate method to employ when sending such unusual items whichis why we clearly established you were to supposed send it in a tube.Please let me know.
Thanks,
AL
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Why does it take you over two months to get me a pic of this item? Sounds fishy.. You told me on another post on April 3rd you would send me pics of the damage. Today its now June 12th. I believe I sold you a trim part back in Jan or Feb...

This is unfortunate,first you rip me off and now you accuse me of being dishonest. I'm afraid my integrity is worth more than just a second-hand parcel trim.
Thanks anyhow for the great service,
AL
p.s. You complain about the amount of time it took me to post this photo yet I was always so accomodating to you when I was waiting for my items to be shipped as you said you were 'too busy' because your a Fireman. I'm an Archtect and I'm very busy too but I make time to ensure my buyers get their items and that they are also well packed even if the postage cost are slightly higher than I expected.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping those in just brown paper all the way to Australia was just plain irresponsible and asking for damage to occur. The shipper has to understand that adequate protection is needed for ANY shipment. Blaming the postal service for damage of this type when no protection was provided is just lame.
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

al9 wrote:
vintagevolks wrote:
al9 wrote:
vintagevolks wrote:
al9 wrote:
I received the rear parcel tray trim for my Karmann Ghia that you sent to Australia wrapped in brown paper and not in a tube as we agreed. It arrived twisted and broken in three places!
Cheers!
AL
I told you 6 months ago to send me pictures of the damaged item which you never did. Would have refunded your money.. Item would not fit in a standard tube do to the angle of the part. Shipped it as best as I could.. Cant always be responsible for the post office.. Where are the pictures I asked for?

Here it is Bob, I really feel that I either deserve a refund or a replacement item to make this right but I have not heard from you since. You never mentioned anything about length or angle or possible difficulties with sending the item and in fact you offered me another parcel trim several weeks ago and again with no mention of 'postal issues'. I agree you cannot be held accountable with the postal system but common sense dictates an appropriate method to employ when sending such unusual items whichis why we clearly established you were to supposed send it in a tube.Please let me know.
Thanks,
AL
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Why does it take you over two months to get me a pic of this item? Sounds fishy.. You told me on another post on April 3rd you would send me pics of the damage. Today its now June 12th. I believe I sold you a trim part back in Jan or Feb...

This is unfortunate,first you rip me off and now you accuse me of being dishonest. I'm afraid my integrity is worth more than just a second-hand parcel trim.
Thanks anyhow for the great service,
AL
p.s. You complain about the amount of time it took me to post this photo yet I was always so accomodating to you when I was waiting for my items to be shipped as you said you were 'too busy' because your a Fireman. I'm an Archtect and I'm very busy too but I make time to ensure my buyers get their items and that they are also well packed even if the postage cost are slightly higher than I expected.

I told you on April 3rd to send me pics. The item was sent to you way back in Jan or Feb and then I finally hear from you several months down the road that is was damaged! Two months later you post pics of the damage on the Samba. As of yesterdays date I still have not gotten any emails from you, no pics, ect. I happen to be going through the forms and notice the post. Yesterday was the first time you have tried to contact me directly through email via Samba.
So if you want a refund send your address. And the next time your trying to get a refund do it in a timely manner. No buisness will refund your money after 30 days of having item!!! Also I would recomend next time when you buy something and have some type problem with it contact the person you bought it from directly. Jumping to post neg feedback is not cool and it doesnt get you anywhere.

Thanks
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob I did try to contact you numerous times but you just basically wanted to wash your hands off the matter. You neither replied or suggested to do anything to rectify the situation. As you have posted above on your last reply,the postal system is to blame and not you. If you had packed it adequately,we wouldn't be going through this sorry episode. This is why I finally gave-up,hence the time delay. When you refer to timelines,please factor in the significant amount of time it took you to actually send my items and the 'surface mail' you employed despite having me pay for 'airmail' as per our agreement. I've allocated enough time for this silly episode,you can keep my money (the amount you don't even remember as suggested by your private message to me this morning).
Best regards,
al
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think im going to wash my hands of it. I think you just want to bitch. First you say you want a refund and then when I offer you one, you dont want it!! I got a email from you today via Samba saying you did not want a refund but another part. Stop bitching the refund was offered to you.
I am not taking a chance on sending another part and something happens to that one as well. I think I will just stop shipping over seas. I see why now alot of people are refusing to do the same.
And your part left US three days after you purchased the item. Im sure it took several weeks to get there,But thats what you payed for and I still have the invoice to prove it.
You cant make ever one happy I guess.

Thanks
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You offered me a refund of $20.00! which is ridiculous. I paid more than that just for the airmail postage cost you quoted me. Great,you have an invoice, this should indicate you sent it surface despite charging me airmail. There was no problem with the postal system,it was what you expected from the postal system that became the problem,please remember using that 'organ' inside your skull next time you send something in the US or overseas, Glass is fragile and will break',Aluminum will bend and twist and so on and so forth....Charles Darwin was right,we did evolve from the Apes,some hasn't quite made it through as yet.
Cheers and goodbye,
AL
p.s. Karma will eventually prevail when you least expect it.
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok AL thanks..Sorry your unhappy I did try to make it right. I see you have had problems in the past, so everyone is not perfect.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84103&highlight=al9
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your apology. Now please refer to the 'other guys' feedback that I also had trouble with here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22870&start=40

Please be patient reading through this guy's feedback as there are a 'few' dissatisfied customers and not just me.
RixiesRide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Thanks for the Filmore buses.

After many trips to toy stores, Wal-mart, K-mart, Target trying to find a Filmore bus and several trips to McD's to get their toy, Bob told me he had both available. I wanted two sets of the different types of eyes on the McD buses and all he had at the time was one complete set. Before I could remember how to sign-on to my paypal account he had another set available for me.

I received my toys yesterday and can't wait to send my great-nephew his 1st birthday package with the all the vw goodies.

Thanks again!

Leslie

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/RixiesRide/WW/
stinger381
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bob thanks for the 6 volt starter and the other bug parts for my 65. Things are really starting to look nice and I can't wait to get it all up and running down the street. I would definitely deal with Bob again on any parts he has. His prices have been way more than fair and he's super to deal with! I'll see you at the Meltdown next weekend.
Olde Volks Place
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Feedback for VitageVolks out of Prattsville Alabama Reply with quote

Just purchased a 1/4 panel from Bob (Vintage Volks) and had a very quality experience. He went above and beyond to make sure that I received exactly what I needed and unlike other experiences when I got there the item was exactly as described. Would not hesitate to do business with him again. Thanks Bob!!!!!

Not to mention my boys enjoyed getting the fireworks once we crossed the Alabama line!!!

Brad
Split Box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a couple of V.V. t- shirts from bob
packed, shipped & look great thanks
steven wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob for going out of your way to get me my paper work so quickly. Now I finally got the title and some "legal" tags on my car. I appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kevsplitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob,received watch today,well pleased,will make a lovely prezzie for my stepdaughter for christmas.
Very quick delivery to the uk,much appreciated !
Thanks again
Kev.
Okrasa-Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Bob/ VINTAGEVOLKS First Class Reply with quote

Just wanted to post my positive buying experience with Bob (VINTAGEVOLKS). I purchased a vehicle from him and he was FIRST CLASS all the way through. Very good communication and even helped arrange out-of-state transport. When I received the car it was exactly as described.
No drama, just an honest seller. Guys like Bob are an asset to our hobby.

Greg Mann
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed I had two different feedback forms. So thought I would move these over here.

izzy
Samba Contributor

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:55 am Post subject: [email protected]- Thanks BOB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought a turn signal switch for my oval from Bob. Fast email replies, quick shipping, good price. Thanks again Bob! If I need something in the future I'll e-mail.

-Izzy
oval vert - driver's side sun visor

izzy
Samba Contributor

Posted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:51 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I needed a few more parts for my oval and Bob came through again. I was very happy with everything I got. THANKS AGAIN BOB!!!!
oval vert - driver's side sun visor

rubyred63t3
Samba Contributor

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:42 am Post subject:

I just purchased a set of pan halves for my notch from Bob. Easiest transaction ever, they came immediately packed like glass eggs! Thanks again, Bob.

vintagevolks
Samba Contributor

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:00 pm Post subject:

treadster63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Front Bumper Reply with quote

Purchase early front bumper, from VINTAGEVOLKS (Bob) received in great condition and in a timely manner. (Good Seller!)
Much Thanks,
Scott
Treadster63
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryentzer
Samba Contributor

Posted: Today, 9:56 am Post subject: Purchased '61 bug from Bob

I wanted to post my experience with Bob and Vintage Volks.

Through the course of several emails, a few phone calls and finally a visit, I ended up purchasing my new '61 pacific blue bug from Bob.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and he was very friendly. Even threw in some OG smoothies, the OG frontend and new rubber for free. He told me everything he knew about the car so there were no major surprises. After getting home and going through the car, I found that the speedometer doesn't work and the drivers door handle doesn't lock but these are very minor issues. But hey the car is 46 years old and I still feel like I got a good deal. Bob the OG pans are in killer shape!

Overall I'm very, very pleased with the car. I would most definately deal with and trust him with future purchases.

Thanks Bob, hope to do business with you again someday
RENOWIL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Good experience! Reply with quote

I just purchased a set of 56-61 snowflakes from Bob. They were shipped to me very well packaged and expeditiously! I definately would buy from Bob again! The tail lights are just as I expected! Already have a coat of paint on the housings and the lenses needed no work what so ever! I'm looking forward to putting a couple of brackets and bulb holders I've had for a while to good use! Thank you....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
opiesskate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob is a great seller. Super Fast Shipping. Got my tail lights
in 2 days. in perfect condition. Thanks Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: