Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Almsot finished and ready to ride
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bvillebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Almsot finished and ready to ride Reply with quote

Well it's been a long road here with the new buggy but we're finally ready for the road. I last posted some shots of the engine paint and we've done quite a bit since then. We've added all new brakes and seals etc. Cut open the tunnel and repaired the E-brake tubes and now have a semi working emergency brake. Repaired and raised the seat brackets that were in it and mounted the seats with 2 inch foam and new covers. Sorry I don't have pics of all this work but I'm sure most of you have been there : ) Completely rewired the entire buggy . Made a new dash and labeled it all in German. Everything was working somewhat when we bought it , but you would be surprised what all was wrong. Wow is it better now. For some odd reason it had a ford solenoid and no light for the generator so every time we drove it , we could barely get home. All is good now and we've made it on a 30 mile trip with no incidents : ) We don't have time to paint it this year so I just painted and airbrushed some stripes on it for color. Check it out, still needs more work and is a little rough around the edges but it'll get finished. I have to thank everyone here, without all the info , electrical diagrams etc. we never
would have made it. Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

porkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Almsot finished and ready to ride Reply with quote

Cool look'n buggy. I hope to be at that stage with mine soon. Good luck!
bvillebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Almsot finished and ready to ride Reply with quote

Thanks , we've been running it quite a bit now and feel pretty good about it. Now we just have to finish up some odds and ends. Drive safe, seem to have a lot of people pull out in front of us for some reason.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: