Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turn Signal Switch Replacement
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Turn Signal Switch Replacement Reply with quote

Hi
Turn signal switch in my 69 notch required replacement as the high beams would not stay on signals wouldn't cancel.

Here's what went down:
Purchased a new switch from Cip1 ("good quality" version). Pulled the old one, which fell apart as I was removing it. Installed the new one. Checked wiring against an old samba thread in which RW explained the routing. Started it up and everything worked well. Got out of the car to check the lights and nothing. Back in the car there was a whisp of smoke from the column. Now no signals. High beams work. 4 ways work. I can get the left signal to work if I manipulate the lever. Even still the dash indicator does not work. Right signal is a no go. No burnt wires that I could find and fuses are good.

I am not much of an electrical guy so looking for pointers on what to check. High beam switch is still good and the flasher relay appears to be good. Although it could be part way "failed". I am leaning toward a faulty switch out of the box.

As always, any and all help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jon.
stonecoldcars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch Replacement Reply with quote

You might have done what I did, The wires get in the way when you screw down the 3 screws that hold the switch in and it pinches one or more of the wires and becomes a direct short..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: