Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

The Arizona Bus Club presents:
Jerome Jamboree XXVI (That's #26 for all you non-Romans)
Held in beautiful Jerome, Arizona at 5066' elevation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome,_Arizona

That's right...Don at the Gold King Mine Ghost Town in Jerome, AZ has agreed to let us play in his front yard again this year. Come join several hundred of your closest friends and a few hundred of their awesome Type-2's on the edge of Cleopatra Hill with the mountains of Sedona as our backdrop. In addition to live (and sometimes Dead) music, slow drags, corn hole competition, chili cook off, kids events, raffle prizes, the world’s largest VW bus "Walter" & his oversized friends...you get a chance to win this year’s raffle bus for only $0.50 (really fifty-cents) with proceeds going to local charities.

Every year the ABC restores and raffles off a pre-67 split window bus and this year is no exception. We been working on this year’s bus and boy is it a beauty...a 1962 Double Door Panel VW bus. Feeling energetic and want to help work on what could be your new bus? Well visit our website for details on the work parties: http://www.azbusclub.org
Or check out the progress on the 2016 Raffle Bus: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...ght=jerome

If you come to JJ-XXVI expecting shade trees, barefoot grass and a babbling brook with KOA grade camping facilities...you are in for a treat because we have none of that. This fine facility is a large gravel parking lot which is mostly flat and devoid of any vegetation but there will be port-O-johns, trash cans and "Bus Burger" concessions for your convenience. Basically...if you need it, you better bring it.

Besides the nearby historic mining town of Jerome...there is a really sweet attraction within staggering distance called the Gold King Mine Ghost Town and we highly recommend you save a $5 bill out of your raffle ticket fund to tour the grounds for displays of relics from your parents, grandparents and great grandparents time from long ago...Don may even bless us with a drive by of one of his many fine vehicles from up on the hill. http://www.goldkingmineghosttown.com

Huge caravan from Phoenix, AZ to Jerome Friday morning.
Meet at Home Depot parking lot I-17 & Thunderbird Rd (N.E. quadrant)
Depart at 7:30AM SHARP! Just catch up on the highway if you're late. The caravan will usually not exceed 50-mph. A short stop in Prescott Valley at the Safeway grocery store next to Kmart before climbing over Mt Mingus. Please do not pass the lead bus in the caravan and be safe!

JEROME JAMBOREE XXVI September 16-18th, 2016 Whats going on?
Raffle prizes Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. 50/50 raffle Fri & Sat.
Kids Events, Vintage Fat Tire Bicycle Contest, Longest Hair Contest, Tattoo Contest, Slow Drag Contest, Corn hole Competition and Chili Cook-off. Sunday morning about 10am we pick the winning raffle ticket and some lucky winner will drive off in a restored 1962 VW Panel Bus!

ABC welcomes every type of VW transporter and all air-cooled VW brothers and sisters. We even let in folks whose engines are in the wrong end and have water in them- if they were built by VW, of course. Compact and vintage trailers are OK as long as your footprint remains about the same as a bus. If you are planning on pitching a tent in front of your bug, reread the part about compact trailers. Space is limited, so we need to keep it to ‘one car, one tent’.

Friday 9am gates open and it’s $30 per VW for the weekend.
Show up Saturday it’s $20 per VW for the weekend.
Friday & Saturday “Walk in’s” are $5 per person.
Sunday “Walk in’s” are $10 per person.
Driving one of the past 23 Raffle Buses? Your weekend entry is FREE!

Donations for kids raffle and general raffle are welcomed.
A volunteer sign-up sheet will be available/circulated. If you have 2 hours to spare, the Arizona Bus Club needs your help. Please sign up.

Sound like fun? You bet it is! We hope to see you there.

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

This event is great and I will be there again!!! This year I'm going to bring my 3 yr old son. This will Be his first VW weekend campout, I can't wait.

Thanks to everyone who has a part in putting this on, you guys do such a great job!
’65 Deluxe Build
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Ahh, almost time to visit the rocks, please don't climb them though because that big guy will yell and scare me. Laughing
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Plans are to hop a flight out to PHX to join in on the all the fun, camp with everyone, win the raffle Bus and then drive it out to Solvang the next weekend, then home to St. Louis. Should be another blast! See ya soon Roy and all my other buddies out there!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Looking forward to it again! Been coming to the event since JJ #4. Chili cook-off time Very Happy
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Hard to believe it's that time of year again.. I better start packing, can't wait! One of my favorite road trip/shows in Arizona! Applause Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Just 23 more days remaining till the event. Um I am planning on driving the raffle bus back home so the rest of may as well stay home.
I am sure all of us are planning on that.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Who will be first in line waiting to get in next week?

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Probably the Wednesday crowd Crying or Very sad (not me)! Besides servicing our Buses we are also installing CB radios! What channels do some of you guys caravan in? Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Wednesday? Oh man I'm going to be there! I'm going to take the best spot and rope it all off. hahaha. Twisted Evil
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Wednesday? Oh man I'm going to be there! I'm going to take the best spot and rope it all off. hahaha. Twisted Evil

There are no good or bad spots in Jerome:lol: All equal! I think the "better spots" are the ones where you're not blocked in. Or maybe blocked in.. so you dont have to drive anyone down the hill for more ice or beer! Rolling Eyes
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

There's plenty of bad spots. For starters, anything within 100' of a shitter.
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

GTV wrote:
There's plenty of bad spots. For starters, anything within 100' of a shitter.

Haha!! Especially around 3 or 4pm!
popeyemike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Here we go again, heading out to another Jerome Jamboree. We're leaving now. Should be there in about 6 hours. Maybe this is the year I win the bus...Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
popeyemike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Well another Jerome Jamboree has come and gone. I didn't win the bus. but we had a good time. Thanks again ABC for another great Jerome Jamboree.

Now if I can get 61 bus to share his cheese balls...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

No way man. The cheese balls I won in the raffle are all mine. Bwa-hahaha! Very Happy
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Always an enjoyable family event. Congrads to the bus winner, yippy for you. Glad to see some annual acquaintances and meeting some new ones as well. Safe travels to all.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

We had a great time! You guys did a great job cleaning up the space and making the event larger. The new road/camping set up seemed to work great and everyone I met was having fun. Once again you guys did a great job, we all thank you! Can't wait for next year.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

For some of you who attend the Jamboree at Jerome. Don of gold king mine is now passed on.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerome Jamboree XXVI September 16-18,2016 Jerome, AZ Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear of his passing. I've been attending the Jerome Jamboree for the past 22 years, and it won't be the same without him. My condolences to his family.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: