Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Starting to rust!!!
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridehard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Starting to rust!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys,

My VW Golf GTI MK4 has just started to rust on the wheel arches and quiet a bit on the underneath, for the Wheel arches is it best to get some rust proofing on for sale sites, ebay etc or can i sand it down and find a matching colour to respray?? As for the underneath this is work for a garage and not me but we all know what the garages are like... there is always something else wrong when you take the car in gets a bit boring after a bit to be honest, it's hard to find honest and decent garages these days. as you have seen in the pictures below i am going to go with that method it seems fairly easy after watching some you tube tutorials... i will keep posted

Thanks for any info

Last edited by ridehard on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ridehard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting to rust!!! Reply with quote

ridehard wrote:
Hey guys,

My VW Golf GTI MK4 has just started to rust on the wheel arches and quiet a bit on the underneath, for the Wheel arches is it best to get some rust proofing on for sale sites ebay etc or can i sand it down and find a matching colour to respray?? As for the underneath this is work for a garage and not me haha

Thanks for any info

I have found the answer to my question!! for anyone that would like to know i an going to sand down the wheel arches then apply fiberglass body filler once set spray with the original blue before you know it, it should be looking good again!!

I will add a video at some point to show everyone the process but here is a picture of the idea

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/url]
ridehard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting to rust!!! Reply with quote

ridehard wrote:
ridehard wrote:
Hey guys,

My VW Golf GTI MK4 has just started to rust on the wheel arches and quiet a bit on the underneath, for the Wheel arches is it best to get some rust proofing on for sale sites ebay etc or can i sand it down and find a matching colour to respray?? As for the underneath this is work for a garage and not me haha

Thanks for any info

I have found the answer to my question!! for anyone that would like to know i an going to sand down the wheel arches then apply fiberglass body filler once set spray with the original blue before you know it, it should be looking good again!!

I will add a video at some point to show everyone the process but here is a picture of the idea

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/url]

As it turns out it was pretty easy, one thing though try you'r best to find the right shade of the colour you need mine is a little lighter than the original paint but you can only tell up close from a distance it look great!!

for the people
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: