Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please help ID a partial front clip... '54?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

Hi y'all. I purchased this partial front clip to harvest the metal section between the dash and fuel tank in order to replace the one on my '50 and was told that it came from a '54. The door check straps have two screw holes instead of just an opening. Just looking to confirm the year if anyone can help.

Thanks!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

Looks like my 54...two screws to attach door stop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

I would say '54 or '55.

That section is different on the sides from a non crotch cooler split. It still has the area where the crotch coolers would reside. You won't be able to replace the entire panel you will have to utilize the corners from the old one.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

I sort of figured the panel wouldn't be an exact fit. But honestly anything is better than what is on my '50 now.

Thank you very much for the replies.
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

I should clarify. The later panel should fit but the shape where crotch coolers would be will make it look incorrect if someone knows to look for it.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
srm1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

Look like 54-55. You can tell my the location of the fuse block, where the hood release tube would be and the floor heater vent mess. What's the date on the speedo? Also check speedo cable nut. Mine was date stamped

My VW motto is - Out with the OLD. In with the EVEN OLDER !!!!!!!!!!
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

Definitely 1954-55. I like the tombstone antenna base. My '54 has one as well.
Rathguten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Please help ID a partial front clip... '54? Reply with quote

Thanks janerick3 for the information on the antenna base. I was wondering about that as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: