Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bearings and other spare parts for 36hp Judson blower
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfgang1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Bearings and other spare parts for 36hp Judson blower Reply with quote

Hello,

after a couple of years....i opened the box with my dismantled 36hp Judson.
The reason was a screaming noise when reving up the engine.

Luckily i discovered no damage inside. No worn rotor or vanes.

The only thing i recognised is, that the front bearing is a little bit "tight".

So i want to change the bearings.

I found no dimensions about the bearings. So can anyone help me?

And is there anymore a support from these enthusiastic judson guys?
Many of the old judson pages are down.... Crying or Very sad

Best wishes to all vintage speeders,
Wolfgang
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: bearings and other spare parts for 36hp Judson blower Reply with quote

Wolfgang1 wrote:
Hello,

after a couple of years....i opened the box with my dismantled 36hp Judson.
The reason was a screaming noise when reving up the engine.

Luckily i discovered no damage inside. No worn rotor or vanes.

The only thing i recognised is, that the front bearing is a little bit "tight".

So i want to change the bearings.

I found no dimensions about the bearings. So can anyone help me?

And is there anymore a support from these enthusiastic judson guys?
Many of the old judson pages are down.... Crying or Very sad

Best wishes to all vintage speeders,
Wolfgang

Most of the Judson Register pages have been transferred to The Samba Archives...you'll find them here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/ ...the bottom right section.

If you take your front bearing to your local bearing supply shop they will measure it up and supply you with a matching bearing. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wolfgang1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: bearings and other spare parts for 36hp Judson blower Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:

Most of the Judson Register pages have been transferred to The Samba Archives...you'll find them here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/ ...the bottom right section.

If you take your front bearing to your local bearing supply shop they will measure it up and supply you with a matching bearing. Smile

Hello John,

thank you very much for your help. I´ve found the register pages here before, but no detailed information there about standard parts as the bearings.
Or i´m blind.... Confused

Many people overhauled their judsons, so i wanted to know from these guys the type of bearing.
Is it a metric or inch part?

Before i start to remove the bearings i want to be sure, that i can get the necessary parts.
No local dealer here anymore, so i have to order that via internet.
Can i get the rear bearing cover?

Thanks,
Wolfgang
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: bearings and other spare parts for 36hp Judson blower Reply with quote

Wolfgang1 wrote:
John Moxon wrote:

Hello John,

thank you very much for your help. I´ve found the register pages here before, but no detailed information there about standard parts as the bearings.
Or i´m blind.... Confused

Many people overhauled their judsons, so i wanted to know from these guys the type of bearing.
Is it a metric or inch part?

Before i start to remove the bearings i want to be sure, that i can get the necessary parts.
No local dealer here anymore, so i have to order that via internet.
Can i get the rear bearing cover?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

No you won't find any measurements in those pages in The Samba Archives...they have been discussed somewhere in forum topics several times over the years. There is nothing unusual about the bearings Judsons use, as I say when I renewed mine I removed them and took them to my local bearing supplier. He looked at them, said Ah yes...measured them and went and got the exact same sized replacement bearing. It really was that simple.

If you still can't find anywhere locally contact George Folchi ([email protected]) say you want replacement bearings and seals and a rear bearing cap. He will supply you. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: