Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

POR 15 / Chassis Saver storage
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveoutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject: POR 15 / Chassis Saver storage Reply with quote

I used Chassis Saver on one of my exhaust systems and the biggest problem I has was getting the can open for the second coat. It looked to be a really cheap container and was easily deformed even when using a paint opener.

Is there a recommended air tight container that can be used to store leftovers? I'm getting ready to blast my chassis and start treating it.

TIA
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: POR 15 / Chassis Saver storage Reply with quote

Would imagine the instructions say to either put the leftovers into a glass jar (recycle is your friend), or put some wax paper or plastic between the lid and can when you reseal. I usually use a glass jar with a screw-on lid, and then put some wax paper or plastic between the lid and jar.
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steveoutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: POR 15 / Chassis Saver storage Reply with quote

Thanks.......I'll give it a try.
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: POR 15 / Chassis Saver storage Reply with quote

if the can is trashed, Home Depot sells new clean metal qt cans etc.

I used saran wrap then lid. I have heard inject gas I guess like propane/butane into can then close up. the thought process was to push oxygen out.

never tried. I have always stored partials indoors for climate control of temps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grtfldan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: POR 15 / Chassis Saver storage Reply with quote

Sherwan williams has teflon lined quart cans. Dont get any paint in the rim of can. Store in cool place.

79 Bay project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: