Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides?
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

I picked this up at a flea market years ago, it still has the motor & sound box but was missing the coin mechanism & base. I welded up a base & the kids enjoyed it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

The only other one I have ever seen was on an episode of monster garage with Jesse James and his midget buddy but that was 10 or so years ago.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

Seen This One at Barnum's Bug Barn in Millington, Michigan.
Painted it up as Herbie The Love Bug and all the little kiddies were getting their picture taken in it. .25 Coin Operated, Still worked good.
I had seen another one about a year ago at a Trade Center, the thing was pretty beat-up.

Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
The only other one I have ever seen was on an episode of monster garage with Jesse James and his midget buddy but that was 10 or so years ago.
oh man, if you watch an old episode of that show the background noise is awful. It's like some digital grinding engine sound. It ruined the episode my buddy was on, can't watch it it's so bad.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

Hey, I got the same one. A Craigslist find. It was also missiog the coin box so i installed a on and off foot switch. Painted it and had a friend hand paint the Herbie graphics on it. It runs great and has the funky sound box on it that sounds like squealing tires and shifting through the gears.

I went a little nuts, made a seat out of VW seat cover material and a floor mat out of a old VW floor mat.

-jeffrey
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

Have seen and have had....

The base setup is used on many different rides. The coin box would be on a post. You can weld on a new post and get a coin box if you wanted to "bring" them back. The hardest part is running the wire.

We sell kiddie rides and have done everything on them so if you have questions I should be able to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

Yeah, the soundtrack is pretty horrific, glad to know that it's not just mine.

Weldkingoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have or seen one of these kiddie rides? Reply with quote

I just picked one of these up in pieces, anyone have pics of how the lower assembly looks with motor and frame and all? Im curious to see how it was set up as Im sure I am missing some pieces
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: