Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

To hell with ethanol fuel blends
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugsux72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: To hell with ethanol fuel blends Reply with quote

I've been chasing clogged dhla idle jets, lean pops & timing issues for the past 6 months. On advice from a bowtie hotrod friend, I took a 45 minute drive to fill up my 63 Beetle with 89 octane REAL 100% GASOLINE and 3 carry cans as well. Fifteen minutes into the drive back she seemed smoother with no pops or "hiccups". On 2nd tank (1st complete all pure gas) idle is smooth with zero pops, exhaust is soot free and the engine (1835) is making some great power. I hope this post will save you from wasting 6 months of your life chasing the same problems I did due to corn crap fuel blends. I am now gonna try it in my 2003 turbo S beetle to see if it will get rid of the never ending intermittent CEL!('Wink')
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: To hell with ethanol fuel blends Reply with quote

Great.

There are a bunch of threads about this, here's one if you want to post your experience there
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=631289
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: