Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rabbit 1.8 GTi 1983 OEM factory stickers - restoration
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Rabbit 1.8 GTi 1983 OEM factory stickers - restoration Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm restoring a 1983 Rabbit GTi and I'm looking for information about OEM factory warning and instruction stickers around the car. My car has been painted before and all stickers have not survived, so I don't know what should be and where..

I have following stcikers at my knowledge:
- paint code in front of radiator (LE9C Cashmere white)
- red warning sticker in radiator housing (in english and in french)
- vacuum hose diagramm under bonnet
- yellow warning sticker for back seat on the the rear lid frame
- VIN-sticker under the trunk mat (vin, paint code, interior)

What is missing?
- tyre pressure?
- emissions?
- catalyst sticker?
- what else?

What stickers there are and where are they accurately located? Are these stickers available somewhere as a repro or original? I know MeisterWerks, but they don't seem to have all...

Thank you very much for any information!

JK
veedubman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rabbit 1.8 GTi 1983 OEM factory stickers - restoration Reply with quote

Unfortunately Meisterwerks is pretty much the only place to get those Mk1 stickers as far as I know. Stickers are pretty much confined to the engine bay and the driver's side door jam. There is the ring sticker around the fuel filler which can easily be picked up on ebay or at Mk1 autohaus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JK76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Rabbit 1.8 GTi 1983 OEM factory stickers - restoration Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.

Can anyone specify what kind of stickers there should be? Meisterwerks has several types, but what is needed in 1983 original GTi? What stickers are found on drivers door jam?

Has anyone original condition Rabbit and/or possibly pics about specific decals and positions?
veedubman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rabbit 1.8 GTi 1983 OEM factory stickers - restoration Reply with quote

I have an original untouched '83 I can get you the info for. Send me a PM and I can email exactly what you're asking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: