Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

front wheel bearings and seal....
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgoodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: front wheel bearings and seal.... Reply with quote

I picked up a sand rail not long back, going through everything and found some bad front bearings, full of sand and junk.

I pulled everything apart, but I am having a hard time locating new bearings. They are not stock apparently, maybe upgraded spindles?

Numbers on bearings :

4T 30305
4T 30304A

Seal:

40x62x11 S r 4.4

Can anyone point me in the right direction for new parts here?
tripicana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: front wheel bearings and seal.... Reply with quote

Did you try google?
Amazon has both those bearings...
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: front wheel bearings and seal.... Reply with quote

one fits a Nissan patrol, one is used on Kawasaki motorcycles. google "XXXX fits"

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
mgoodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: front wheel bearings and seal.... Reply with quote

I managed to locate the ones I needed, on their way to me now... combination of Amazon and a bearing supply place.

I was hoping for them to arrive by the weekend, but doesn't look overly hopeful... so I guess I continue to tinker with the other things that need to be done on it.
PhillipM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: front wheel bearings and seal.... Reply with quote

They are a bit of a weird size, I used to have to special order mine over in the UK, nobody kept them in stock, so I made the new hubs take a more common pair of bearings instead that were half the price Laughing
mgoodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: front wheel bearings and seal.... Reply with quote

Yeah... it was a bit odd, not sure if the spindles were upgraded or something. I was told by PO that the front was from a 73' bus. It is link pin and not ball joint, if that matters.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: