Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

The 'birth certificate' that I ordered for my 66 at the end of February arrived today ..almost 4 months exactly. That's pretty good turnaround from what I've read. Problem is ..it raises more questions than it answers. Turns out everything is 'normal' compared to what's on the car (L519 Bahama Blue, black leatherette upholstery, L289 blue-white wheel rims). It lists 3 m-codes: M044 being white wall tyres 'under customs seal' (does that mean they were shipped with the car, but no installed on the car?); M356 Equipment for Canada (but no other details); and M051 'cannot be identified'. I've checked the M-Code listing here on the forum, but no additional info there. The other disappointment is that the engine that's in the car (F0 327 111) although 'period correct' (Oct/65) is not the original engine that was installed at the factory. And they don't say what the original engine number was ...why is that??
Good to have the info that I did receive .....anyone have anything helpful to add? Thanks
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

they stopped giving out the serial number of the engine a while back to prevent people from restamping engines with the correct number thus cutting down on fraud. They will only verify if what you give them is correct or incorrect.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

The matching numbers crowd are fools easily parted with their money.... Very Happy
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

The matching numbers crowd are fools easily parted with their money

...so sad to exist without a sense of curiousity.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

I got mine this week after ordering in Feb also. I wasn't expecting it until Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

Now everyone is going to order one.

See you in 2018...

Popcorn

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
casadelray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Zertifikat arrived in record time ..apparently Reply with quote

I also ordered one, and just received it this week. Again, a four month turn around time. Where are these M-codes and what are they? Mine had 093 hinged windows (still does) and M358, not identified.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: