Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

hood mounts for baja-how to?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlejay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: hood mounts for baja-how to? Reply with quote

How do people mount the fiberglass hoods on their baja? I have those rubber straps in the fronts and old owner had fiberglassed the hinge mounts up top but they pulled out. Looking for clean ideas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
broken too
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: hood mounts for baja-how to? Reply with quote

I use fiberglass body panel mounts for removable panels. Amazom has them. I dont have a picture . Two round pieces that look like min pulleys with a o ring to pull it together. It fits flush & looks good.
EnjoyNukaCola
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: hood mounts for baja-how to? Reply with quote

Dzus fasteners. Easier to pop than body panel mounts if you ever want to get under your hood. Standard hood pins to locate it.
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: hood mounts for baja-how to? Reply with quote

Though most Baja kits come with hinge mounts, very few kits are strong enough to use the hood springs. Generally it is the hand laid up kits that are strong enough. I know when I bought my kit, it had a sticker that said NOT to use the springs. Most people just use a stick.
Gone but not forgotten 72 Baja Bug 2010
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: