Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

Have been looking around for an under the dash shelf for my '79 SB Conv. Seems as though they are made to fit up to a '77 Convertible. Have found no listings for shelves to fit my '79. Does anyone market a shelf for a '79? Or does an under dash shelf made for a '77 also fit a '79?
thanks
cletus_zuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

None of those shelves fit a Super, which is what your 79 is. I bet they are talking about a 77 standard sedan.
mikeonthebike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

Aren't all converts. 71 and up supers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CTBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

Finally found: MID AMERICAN MOTORWORKS lists a Bamboo Tray to fit "Spr 71-77 Convertible" Will have to call them up and see if it fits a 1979 Convertible.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

Let us know what you learn.
CTBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

Called Mid American Motorworks today about mounting an under the dash tray in my '79 SB. Was told that their Bamboo Tray, Natural Finish #361-014 will fit. Will be ordering one later today.
Greg
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

A VW buddy ordered stuff from Mid America and ya know what 6 months later he cancelled the order. Nothing ever shipped.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
slagathor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
A VW buddy ordered stuff from Mid America and ya know what 6 months later he cancelled the order. Nothing ever shipped.

same here but with floor padding. online said they had it in stock, called customer service and they said in stock. placed the order then received an email saying it was out of stock. gave them a couple weeks and still not in stock. cancelled my order because they couldnt fill the order.
CTBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

My experience with Mid American Motorworks has only been positive. I'm in Connecticut and receive items from them on the wast coast in just a few days. Bamboo tray is out of stock now so will have to wait till?

Does anyone else know of a Bamboo Tray being offered for sale from by anyone else?

Evidently if something fits a '77 SB Conv., it will also fit a '78 Conv. or a '79 Conv. Service Manuals, catalogues, and more just never seemed to be updated their after 1977 to cover the '78 and '79 years.
cletus_zuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

I looked on Cip1 and no go for anything fitting a late Super, they had one "out of stock" that they claim fits any year Beetle and 71-72 Super. I still refuse to believe it. Have never seen a picture of one of those trays in any kind of Super.

I made my own, and so have others, there are some pictures if you search the gallery.
garyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Under dash shelf for '79 Beetle Reply with quote

If you're going to actually use the car and park it places, might not be a good idea cos you may be tempted to use it. I've got a removable stereo, and no door pockets either.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: