Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2000 VW Cabrio help! immobolizer!
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabrioclueless00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: 2000 VW Cabrio help! immobolizer! Reply with quote

I have a 2000 VW cabrio that has an immbolizer issue. Ran a snap on computer on it and it was the only thing that popped up. If I hook the battery up, it will start twice and shut right off every time. I unhook the battery for a long while and hook it back up same thing. 117k on it. Automatic. 2 door. It's my girlfriend's and I want to get it going for her very badly. She drives long distance and my truck is going to die. Please help thanks.
I am pretty sure it's the immo 2 system
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 VW Cabrio help! immobolizer! Reply with quote

You have two choices to clear it.

1. Take it to a dealer and have it cleared.
2. Find a local with VAG-Com and they can clear the code.

Does it have more than one key? Is it one of them immo it? If you have one good and one bad, you either need to set the bad one aside and never use it, or take it to the dealer and have them code it to the car, only the dealer can perform this function. If you only have one key and it is immo it, might as well have it towed to the dealer and get it over with.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 VW Cabrio help! immobolizer! Reply with quote

One down & dirty trick is to remove both positive & negative cables from the battery & connect both CABLES to each other for 5 seconds & reattach them to the battery & try to restart the car. The module will sometimes remember the key after doing this.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: