Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Used auto linea case
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raul arrese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Unless this case is free, and you have a TIG welder is worth repairing if you can handle all the work.

But if you have to spend any dime on it, which I think will be a bunch, just take a pass.

Save your money for something more viable.

Yep , and then there is the posibility that the main saddles are bad or maybe this is one of the cases that had internal leaks ?? I think this case is good only for someone who can tig and machine ..or if you have a close buddy who will help you out for free...
" 2013 Lakeland Classic Best of Show "
" 2014 Show and Shine , First in class "
"
Like my facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raul-Arrese-custom-fabrication-and-performance/1832968110262608
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Vw1600dellortoGR wrote:
Ι am thinking about it because it is about half a price of a new one.

Now since you've got half the money, save up the rest and do it right.

Or you can just buy a good to go reconditioned dual relief magnesium case and not have to worry about seepage, cracks,...

PM me, I have a couple ready to go now.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

for me it would be a $200- 250 case. thats if the bearings are still std.... Shocked the cracks have to be welded and remachined and 8mm studs used. that looke like somebodys old raced case that has seen a lot of over tightened 10mm head studs too many tymes. so the deck will/should be reserfaced too. and everything else checked out. I wouldent waste any good case on a stock crank. thats what old used up 80 -100 over main cases are for Wink
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

Vw1600dellortoGR wrote:
Hello everybody, i spotted this case and i would like your opinion about its condition machining judging from how it looks and wear, can it be used for a 1914 engine build even though it was clearanced for a stroker?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I wouldn't even take this case for free......one crack for sure, one other epoxy fix.....what else is well hidden?

If you attempt to have this fixed and it fails and kills all your nice new parts, what was the advantage?

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

Some people like PAIN! Laughing

It is kind of fun to watch somebody bash their head against a brick wall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

Some one is just wanting some one to say " great deal! go for it!" So some one just do that,,Put this guy out of his misory.

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Used auto linea case Reply with quote

thatsa sweet deal!!! gofer it!!!and then .....what to do next thread... I didnt see a price anywhere, so it may be a great deal....or not. so...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: