Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Repair and Tune Up Guide
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfemenel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: VW Repair and Tune Up Guide Reply with quote

Got a new book in the mail today, VW Repair and Tune up Guide by Harold T Glenn. It's the 4th printing from 1966 and was just a couple of dollars on eBay. Some pretty good info in there and has a decent troubleshooting section like Muirs book. Great reference, will probably live in my Ghia once it's on the road again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Repair and Tune Up Guide Reply with quote

One in the classified: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1610231

You'll find a lot of useful period manuals in the classifieds literature section..."Clymer" is a good writer/publisher: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...rds=clymer
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: VW Repair and Tune Up Guide Reply with quote

mfemenel wrote:
Got a new book in the mail today, VW Repair and Tune up Guide by Harold T Glenn. It's the 4th printing from 1966 and was just a couple of dollars on eBay. Some pretty good info in there and has a decent troubleshooting section like Muirs book. Great reference, will probably live in my Ghia once it's on the road again.

I have a small collection of VW repair books, and this is one I hadn't heard of. Just bought it on Amazon for $2.78 plus shipping. It was the 7th printing.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: VW Repair and Tune Up Guide Reply with quote

CiderGuy wrote:
mfemenel wrote:

I have a small collection of VW repair books, and this is one I hadn't heard of. Just bought it on Amazon for $2.78 plus shipping. It was the 7th printing.

That's a very nice "Happy Father's Day to Myself" present that you bought for you. Smile
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: VW Repair and Tune Up Guide Reply with quote

KGCoupe wrote:
CiderGuy wrote:
mfemenel wrote:

That's a very nice "Happy Father's Day to Myself" present that you bought for you. Smile

Ha, yes it was. Best one was getting my son home in one piece from Afghanistan earlier this week.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
sirzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: VW Repair and Tune Up Guide Reply with quote

Hi I remember a friend having this book. Must have been a later edition (1977?). It was a paperback.

Never read it (quick flick) but he swore by it ... These were the days (late 70s - early 80s) before the Muir book made its splash in Oz.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: