Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Distributors. lol. Rolling Eyes

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

miniman82 wrote:
Distributors. lol. Rolling Eyes

Either run a real distributor or go crankfire. Anything in between is so 1980's.

I don't disagree that crankfire eliminates the lash in the distributor driveshaft and is more "tuneable". But on 99% of the cars out there a distributor works pretty well.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

As for the top of the line distributors, I really love my Mallory Unilite.

Pricey, actually on the borderline of saying maybe I should go Crankfire. But then again the Ahnendorp is not cheap. My other cars I can't touch without a computer geek. I feel comfortable to repair my bug as it now.

Bluetooth, on a old bug, too much.

I was at Bear Mountain Car Show and some kids loved my bug, but after looking at the engine asked were to I plug in my Laptop.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

nextgen wrote:
I was at Bear Mountain Car Show and some kids loved my bug, but after looking at the engine asked were to I plug in my Laptop.

Just say it's wireless. Wink
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

PS2375, I like that Wireless!!!!. They need my password to log in to my Dells.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

nextgen wrote:
PS2375, I like that Wireless!!!!. They need my password to log in to my Dells.

Dell Support called and they need the password on your PC so they can tune your carbs. So just go to this website and click accept.

http://www.nigerian-scammers.com

Oh wait, i'd driving a car that was designed in the 1930, well before computers and electronics.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

I'm sick of computer tuning and fuel injection. I never want to see a timing or fuel map ever again. One of the best things about driving a old VW, is getting AWAY from computer controlled stuff. I love mechanical distributors and vacuum advances.

I like driving a car that cant be hacked and immobilized by someone driving next to me on the freeway.
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

And, when they drop the big one and the EMP knocks every car on the road out for good, We'll be among the few still driving around.
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

The only cars on the road will be old vw bugs, buses, T-3 etc .
It would look like an old Cheech and Chong Movie.
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Actually check out the FRENCH CONNECTION, the Car - Train Chase under the Subway Elevated Structure Bug after bug.

The movie is also fantastic..
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

WOW $460 USD or $607 Canadian. I can buy a couple of Pertronix billet distributors and a few hidden kill switches for that much and not have to worry about when the Bluetooth is going to crap out, Oh wait, modern technology lasts forever.........

brad
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

But then you have Pertronix "MSD" copy.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

jpaull wrote:
One of the best things about driving a old VW, is getting AWAY from computer controlled stuff. I love mechanical distributors and vacuum advances.

I'm glad we all agree.

For people that don't like moving parts....The ideal would be,
virtual reality.
They can go digitize themselves for all I care Wink
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

modok wrote:
For people that don't like moving parts.

I remember watching one of the "Biker Build Off" shows with Indian Larry and as he was lacing up a wheel, he was asked why he uses spoke wheel when everyone else uses CNC billet wheels. His replay was, it's a machine and I like to see moving parts.

If I want fuel injection and crank fire ignition, i'll drive my Subaru.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Luft kühl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Then if you want disk brakes or radial tires, you should also be driving your Subaru.

Or is there a specific list somewhere that states which modern improvements are acceptable, and which ones are not .
Boolean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Luft kühl wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Then if you want disk brakes or radial tires, you should also be driving your Subaru.

Don't mention after market heads, ratio rockers or computer designed cams.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Luft kühl wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Or is there a specific list somewhere that states which modern improvements are acceptable, and which ones are not .

Glenn was stating his preference. He did not say "This is what everyone else should not do, or should do".

Everyone has their favorite mods, and least favorite. So if someone has disk brakes and radial tires does that also mean they HAVE to want fuel injection and crank trigger ignition? No way!
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
99% of the cars out there a distributor works pretty well.

N/A sure, try going turbo and getting decent manners with a distributor. People claim it can be done, but they are usually ignoring things: lumpy idle, bad economy, high temps... There are just some things that computers do better, but unfortunately for the 'dinosaurs are better' crowd they will never know unless they go there themselves. I went, and I'm never coming back.

BTW Glenn, if your Bug drove like your Subaru did you might sell your Subaru... Wink

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PumaVW79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

Luft kühl wrote:

For me, there is a list. Anything with capacitors, inductors, transformers, resistors, diodes, transistors, processors, printed circuit boards, LCDs etc. are prohibited.
Exception for relays, sound system and the original electronics.

All mechanical improvements produced with the aid of external modern electronics are welcome.

Edited:
-Why?
-MTBF...
JasonBaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ahnendorp B.A.S. 1-2-3 Bluetooth Distributor Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if it's mechanical or solid state, some of you guys will turn anything into a pissing contest. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: