Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mice in the rocker area
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Mice in the rocker area Reply with quote

Over the winter the mice chewed through the plug in the right footwell area and got into the passenger side rockers of my Thing. Not a big deal with getting rid of the mice, but I am sure they left behind nesting materials and body waste that are sure to cause the rockers to rust out in short order. I was just looking for ideas on how to clean their mess up with it being so inaccessible.

Thanks in advance
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Mice in the rocker area Reply with quote

I have a remote scope that I picked up at the local farm & fleet store, I'd be fishing that in there to see what's going on, then try to think what I could make with plastic tube and a vacuum. That's all I can think of at the moment, it's not an easy problem.

Edit: When I welded my rear clip on mice had gotten into the box part of the framing, took care of that by accidentally setting it on fire. I'm not suggesting you set your car on fire though.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Mice in the rocker area Reply with quote

Don't those rockers have stations in them? I like the vacuum idea to get what you can.

I presume it's the urine you're worried about causing rust?

It might be crazy, but if there are drains, you could partially flood the area to dilute and rinse the urine away. Vinegar is supposed to neutralize other types of urine, so that might help. Do it on a nice hot sunny day, and follow with some wax rust preventer.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: