Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Toilet Install Story "American Standard"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

did you get a new screen??
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
hitest wrote:
I'm telling you- Toto is the one.

I can relax and complete the daily crossword puzzle as the sun gently passes over the house.

Don't your legs fall asleep? Able to stand up and walk after that length of time? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I don't just stand up- I spring up as though my nubial gams are part wallaby.

Upon Toto is how intend to spend my Golden Years.

I've already listed Toto in my WILL- right up there with my Mad magazine collection and Grandpa's watch.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Well...they have agreed to "Upgrade" me to a better seat.
Kind'a feel really special now.... Laughing !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

we converted to Toto a couple years ago. Worth every cent.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Is this the "Toto" some are talking about?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=toto+toilet&a...ajaxhist=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

so...you sit on a dog? and say to your self, there's no place like home, there's no place like home there's no palace like home where I sit on MY throne.....kinda looks like a barn with all this hay on the floor Shocked and somebody left a oil squirt can too Rolling Eyes dam they got big cats around hear!!! Im starten to think Im not in cansass any moe. but that looks like my can opener....our can saw...dang this is strong coffie today.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Can't believe nobody has gone here yet...

Link

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Toto is a brand, they make several models.

A lot of landlords get the Drake or Entrada models, they are around $200 and are very clog-free (like all Totos), so a great choice for a rental.

If it's for YOUR use, they have higher end ones (like the Ultramax II), for around $400.

Best deals we have found for them are on Amzn.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Remember when Al Bundy was on a question for a Ferguson?

Quote:
It's not just a toilet... a FERGUSON. The King of bowls!

Link

Link

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

That's got to be a Toto- and clearly the safe for work demo tape.
They have a Superbowl-length commercial that shows it successfully disposing of an entire pack of Costco muffins and three beloved pets.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

UPDATE:

New lid arrived and guess what, its the same as the one that came with the toilet and it to is made in China.

Was told I'd be getting an upgrade, guess not going to happen.

Bought a new better built seat.

Lesson learned and will never purchase another "American Standard."

End of story.
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

The best toilets for a fair price are used, off of Craigslist, 3.5 gallon units from the 1960s. Put a new valve, spud gasket and flapper on them and they are good for another fifty years.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Major Woody wrote:
The best toilets for a fair price are used, off of Craigslist, 3.5 gallon units from the 1960s. Put a new valve, spud gasket and flapper on them and they are good for another fifty years.

As long as they aren't cracked from over tightening the flange bolts. Many plumbers refuse to reuse old toilets since they are the ones blamed when the home owner's money saving scheme backfires and the toilet leaks.
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

I just think they flush really well and the price is right. If they are cracked, that should be obvious.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

I agree, those old school ones really do work better, they get the big jobs done in one single flush, how am I saving water by having to go at it 2 or 3 times with the newer low water use model?, seems I use even more water in the end to accomplish the same thing. Confused

I saved one when we did the last reno and put it in the room my teenaged son uses, money well spent IMO, hardly ever have to break out the plunger for that one Cool

And yeah, a crack is usually not hard to spot, I spend 15 minutes giving it a good scrub to make it look like new anyways, hard to miss the flaw when you get up close and personal with every angle of it. Wink

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
I agree, those old school ones really do work better, they get the big jobs done in one single flush, how am I saving water by having to go at it 2 or 3 times with the newer low water use model?, seems I use even more water in the end to accomplish the same thing. Confused

I saved one when we did the last reno and put it in the room my teenaged son uses, money well spent IMO, hardly ever have to break out the plunger for that one Cool

And yeah, a crack is usually not hard to spot, I spend 15 minutes giving it a good scrub to make it look like new anyways, hard to miss the flaw when you get up close and personal with every angle of it. Wink

Cracks can be completely invisible until the bolts are tightened to the floor. Even then you may not see them, but you will see the leak in the near future.

This comes from experience. And I prefer the old toilets, too.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

Holy hell, WTF & how much of it are you eating that requires a toilet that can swallow 3 dozen golf balls,5 oranges, & 2 grapefruit?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Holy hell, WTF & how much of it are you eating that requires a toilet that can swallow 3 dozen golf balls,5 oranges, & 2 grapefruit?
crap coffie all over the place. thanks mr Idtcdt!!!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet Install Story "American Standard" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: