Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rivieras won't fit (long description)
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Rivieras won't fit (long description) Reply with quote

Got a set of riviera's from cip1, Just spent 8 hrs at the tire shop. they mounted a set of 185/75/15's. The fronts wouldn't fit because the disc hub was too big. So I took the disks to a machine shop real quick and had that problem fixed. then we discovered the tire's were to wide to fit the rear.(It's a 71 karmann ghia) so went to the 165/85/15's(which cip1 said was the correct tire) but they still won't fit(cip1 basically garantee'd they would). So I had to put my old riviera's back on with new tire's(185/75/15's which fit) Now cip1 won't take them back because they say they fit.(which they don't) . What to do now.
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Won't fit(long decription) Reply with quote

stanthedog wrote:
Got a set of riviera's from cip1, Just spent 8 hrs at the tire shop. they mounted a set of 185/75/15's. The fronts wouldn't fit because the disc hub was too big. So I took the disks to a machine shop real quick and had that problem fixed. then we discovered the tire's were to wide to fit the rear.(It's a 71 karmann ghia) so went to the 165/85/15's(which cip1 said was the correct tire) but they still won't fit(cip1 basically garantee'd they would). So I had to put my old riviera's back on with new tire's(185/75/15's which fit) Now cip1 won't take them back because they say they fit.(which they don't) . What to do now.

I've never seen the Two Tire Sizes you have described available... 185/75/15 or 165/85/15.
The proper size would be 165/80/15.
Are the old & new Riviera's the same ET Offset?
Are they 5"x15" or 5 1/2"x 15" wheels?
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Won't fit(long decription) Reply with quote

Yeah, they're 165/80/15. the old riviera's are 5" and new are 5.5". My old ones had 185's and fit fine. Thing is Cip1 is selling the 5.5's and saying they're supposed to fit, I even talked to the owner. All their 4 lug rims are 5.5".
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Won't fit(long decription) Reply with quote

Why won't the rear tires fit? Where is the rubbing or interference?
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Won't fit(long decription) Reply with quote

From the top sidewall all the way down the rear outer fender. Piece of paper won't even fit. So,now -I think it's the owner of cip1, is having two wheels machined on the mounting surface so they will fit. My wife and I were pretty pissed about the way they were handling this but it looks like their going the extra mile to make it right.
dumptdeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Rivieras won't fit (long description) Reply with quote

The OG Rivieras and the repops have drastically different offsets. The originals were close to stock ET
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: