Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I think I messed up
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Yesterday my wife asked if she could drive my '66. We've been together for 6 years and in that time I've never seen her drive a manual trans vehicle. She said she drove one about 10 years ago. I figured what the hell go and drive it. So she drove it yesterday and today doing errands and what not. Now she's in love with the bug as much as I am and doesn't want to give it back. She loves driving it. I guess this means I have to buy her one now too? Or buy me a different one because now it's going to be a struggle on who gets to take the bug. I should have just said no hahaha.
Bugdog67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

This is tremendous -- you get to buy another!
john the red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

To have the wife come down with the symptoms, and then the sickness, is a blessing not a curse..................congrats.
DWP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

NO NO NO you are looking at this all wrong. Let her drive the bug, you get that splitwindow you allways wanted!!!!!!!!!
DWP
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Lucky you!! Very Happy
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

You fucked up big time.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
You fucked up big time.

This ^^^

Making sure my wife hears regular stories about break downs and less than stellar swap meets and events, the more car time I get. We just made it 20 years- no expectation of wrecking it by having her involved. You better walk in and clean a carb in the kitchen sink- stat.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

That is how I lost my 73 Road Runner. Dead issue...start shopping
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
You fucked up big time.

X2, however it will quickly lose its allure the first time she's sitting the side of the road for two-three hours waiting for a tow truck. Go ahead & start teaching her the pre-flight check over & teach her how to do the routine maintenance, she might lose interest even quicker.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
That is how I lost my 73 Road Runner. Dead issue...start shopping

I lost a 71 Camaro the same way, many moons ago...
Found out then to never let your signification other drive the cars you want to keep for yourself. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

You did good thats how I (we Cool ) got my (our Cool ) oval vert. I got the wife into VW's when she was in high school. Found my (our) vert on my 30th birthday. We drove 10 hrs up north to pick it up. Consider your self lucky.This was a mind blower, We were at the Treffin last year and she said that's a 60 look at the vertical key slots Shocked

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mfemenel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

It's a win win. Get a new one for yourself and she can enjoy your old one. Now she has no excuse not to join you for shows either. Winning!
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

My wife was driving a '72 Westy when we met, I was still into muscle cars, rocking a '69 Dodge Charger, 38 years later, we still have Vws.....

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

My daily driver back in the 1980s was my 1970 VW sedan I bought in 1972, this was a real good golddigger filter.

And since I don't like to shave, my ever-present stubble was another good filter, felt if I couldn't be comfortable and a gal couldn't deal with that, that would be good to know. Yes, I know most gals figure to change a guy AFTER they get a wedding ring, while guys hope the gal does NOT change....neverending conundrum...
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Banished to the passenger seat Confused Guess I need to go car shopping. It's so strange being on this side of the car.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Banished to the passenger seat Confused Guess I need to go car shopping. It's so strange being on this side of the car.

It's just the beginning of the end soldier. Look at it already- grime on the dash, empty skinnymochadoublelatte sweating in the cupholder, 14lb. keychain and only one hand on the wheel... I give that poor bug three months.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Now you have 2 hands free to cop feels as she drives....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Gal wrote:

Fixed your samba name for ya. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Guess it's time for that other dream car. I have lost a few VW's to my former wives. Just let them drive the car one time and they took possession of them Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Good Luck in the new hunt for your new car.
Have a great weekend.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

You guys are funny. Got stuck in traffic on the way home for about 30 mins. Now her leg/knee is sore. I think she likes it a tiny bit less now haha.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I messed up Reply with quote

Now you get to massage it for her, just don't do it in the bug, I was conceived in one.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: