Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor Reply with quote

'67 Geeks:

Off the factory line, did the 1500 have a cloth-braided rubber hose from the fuel pump to the carburetor, or did it have a copper plated steel tube like the one at this link:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113127511A

Inquiring minds wish to know. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor Reply with quote

From a 1967 owner's manual.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor Reply with quote

If you look at the link that you provided, you'll see that the metal fuel line between the fuel pump and carb is for a 1200cc 40hp engine. The 67 model in the U.S. had a 1500cc engine and did not use the metal fuel line between pump and carb.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor Reply with quote

The metal pipe was added in the second half of the 1962 model year and I think lasted until they added the check valve early in model year 1965. That valve was incorporated into the pump itself in 1966 but I don't think the metal pipe was ever used after model year 1965. By the early 70s, VW had deleted the part number.

FYI - Here's what an original pipe looks like (the WW one isn't as nice)

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor Reply with quote

You guys are awesome.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Metal Fuel Line From Fuel Pump to Carburetor Reply with quote

Yes, the original metal fuel lines have those extra "stops" on each end.
I think the WW repro line is just a smooth line.

The vaccum line with the loop like that is 62 only.

Later ones just had a hump
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: