Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Maduro
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 15, 2024
Maduro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Fuel Filter Mounting Bracket
orange ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Been trying to contact for purchase but no response
Maduro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

orange ghia wrote:
Been trying to contact for purchase but no response

I have not received a single email or pm from you. I check every day. Try again.
Oljefläck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

I bought fuel filter mounting bracket from his top notch seller. Looks very nice done.
http://www.garaget.org/?car=234141
bmxdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Bought a fuel filter bracket from Kevin. Awesome bracket very nicely built. Fast shipping! A++++++
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Kevin makes an excellent fuel filter bracket and it is easy to install. He is great on communications and also ships his product quickly.
Maduro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Offy 220 wrote:
Kevin makes an excellent fuel filter bracket and it is easy to install. He is great on communications and also ships his product quickly.

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Good communication and a quality product makes this hobby sell itself.

Kevin
nik2201
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

I just purchased one of Kevin's fuel filter mounting brackets. Not only is it a really cool item that is very well made, Kevin's communication has been second to none! Kevin informed me when he posted the bracket, provided a tracking number...& even sent me a photo of the actual packaging as evidence that it was wrapped, packed & sent on it's way.
The package arrived on my doorstep (which is on the other side of the world) faster than any VW item I've ever bought internationally. And, on top of all that, Kevin even repaid some of his initial postage costs.
Now in my books you simply can't ask for more than that! Thanks heaps, Kevin.
kelleyspeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Kevin Brown brackets are copies of mine. Reply with quote

Kevin,

Your brackets are copies of my KELLEY SPEED fuel filter brackets which I still sell online at WWW.KELLEYSPEED.COM. You bought one of my brackets and literally traced it and then added the goofy top. I'm all about making a better mouse trap Kevin, but be original and come up with your own ideas. I wonder how many other products you've stolen and claimed as your own?

"You have no ethics and your a fraud".

Justin Kelley
Kelley Speed

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Maduro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Brown brackets are copies of mine. Reply with quote

kelleyspeed wrote:
Kevin,

Your brackets are copies of my KELLEY SPEED fuel filter brackets which I still sell online at WWW.KELLEYSPEED.COM. You bought one of my brackets and literally traced it and then added the goofy top. I'm all about making a better mouse trap Kevin, but be original and come up with your own ideas. I wonder how many other products you've stolen and claimed as your own?

"You have no ethics and your a fraud".

Justin Kelley
Kelley Speed

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here's where you are wrong. I saw one of these brackets years ago on a car and knew immediately that I could build a better one. I have the programming skills and the capability to design and fabricate with steel. The idea maybe was yours originally, I have no idea, but you can't fault someone for doing something better. Competition is what makes our economy and nation great.

Sincerely,
Kevin Brown
kelleyspeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

This isn't about competition. You should re-read my post. I certainly believe in competition because it creates good business.
This is about you copying my bracket and calling the whole idea your own. That's misleading. My bracket or the idea of it didn't exist until I created it. I'm sure there are bigger better ideas for holding a fuel filter but this was my idea. This was solely my endeavor. I created it out of pure necessity and didn't have to copy, steal or mislead anyone to do it.

Justin
Kelley Speed
Maduro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

kelleyspeed wrote:
This isn't about competition. You should re-read my post. I certainly believe in competition because it creates good business.
This is about you copying my bracket and calling the whole idea your own. That's misleading. My bracket or the idea of it didn't exist until I created it. I'm sure there are bigger better ideas for holding a fuel filter but this was my idea. This was solely my endeavor. I created it out of pure necessity and didn't have to copy, steal or mislead anyone to do it.

Justin
Kelley Speed

Never have I told anyone that this is my idea. In fact I have told everyone that wanted to talk to me about it that several years ago I saw one and tried to find one. I did a search all over The Samba and Google. You definitely are not actively trying to sell your idea where it would get much traffic. I couldn't find it anywhere. Try looking on Google for it as if you have no idea what it is callled. It can't be found. So I resorted to make one for myself. After the response that I got from soooo many people and friends that wanted one and had never seen one I made a couple. Those sold so quickly by word of mouth. After being prodded by friends to produce these I did. This is just a hobby for me. I don't care one way or the other. It's not about the notoriety or the money because it barely pays for itself. Look at how many people now produce the adjustable spring plate, the basket that sits on the tunnel, the different mounts for gauges, the Flopstop, the Kafer bar. All of the things were originally one individuals idea that has now been improved by others over the years. Quit acting like such a child. Get over yourself and the pity. It sucks to have someone make something better. I understand. Who really wants a zip tie holding on their fuel filter in the first place. I hope with all of this that I am telling you that you are pushed to make a better product. Someday if people from all over the world stop buying this and it becomes not financially feasible, or I get tired of it, I will stop production. As of right now I'm having a little fun.

Kevin
kelleyspeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

You are missing the point with your long winded little responses. Its not about you creating a fuel bracket. Its about you literally tracing out my bracket design. You should have come up with you own design Kevin. I've sold my brackets all over the world and I will stand up for my product. Oh and yes I use a zip tie because it keeps the design simple and you don't spend a lot of time under the wheel well digging out a filter. This is a hobby. And in a very small market at that. I'm sure I will see you again on the coattails of my next product design.

Justin
Kelley Speed
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Maduro wrote:
Offy 220 wrote:

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Good communication and a quality product makes this hobby sell itself.

Kevin
Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

well at least we now have one to use with a zip tie and one to use with an actual hard cover. gotta love options!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Sorry, but this new bracket may very well have been copied, but it’s an obvious improvement. No zip-tie required. It’s simply a better mouse trap.

I own a patent, and I’ve found that design change for improvement’s sake will often break a patent. In this case, no patent was acquired, but the original design was definitely improved upon.

There were mouse traps, then better mouse traps came along.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Kevin Brown brackets are copies of mine. Reply with quote

kelleyspeed wrote:
literally traced

funny, they look quite different to me, for being "literally traced".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Geier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

Kevin was a pure pleasure to work with. Prompt emails and very friendly. Kevin made a custom bracket for me that will hold the more robust and larger metal canister filter. He set up new jigs and designed a bracket for me (and for everyone who wants one I hope). The price was beyond fair and the whole process was well within my expectations. I will recommend him to anyone who asks. I can't comment on what transpires with others. The variables are endless. For me he was perfect!
dmeffert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

I just bought one of Kevin's filter brackets. It is well designed and built, and it looks cool when it is installed. The filter supplied with it cracked and leaked after I installed it. Totally not Kevin's fault, but he sent me 3 replacement filters at no charge to make up for it. Thats the way to stand behind your product. Thanks Kevin.
onixbonilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Maduro - [email protected] - Kevin Brown Reply with quote

I had bought multiple filters mount. Great product, very fast shipping.
Even last time he threw some free filters!
Recommend.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: