Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2wheelies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

he was awesome, 1641 baby webers with a freeflyer and external secondary cooler with a thermostat. went 65 mph all day long in 105 F weather...

chicks dug him, dudes handed me doobies at intersections more than once... just saying.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'78 scirocco
'66 T2 panel dead tour vehicle, 'mr bus'
'67 13 window
'95 eurocamper 'charlie' (phish tour vehicle)
'03 Mk4 TDI 'steve'
'04 W8 Phaeton 'david'
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

I love it.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

n2wheelies wrote:

Columbia river? Killer camper.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

Is that an original flip-seat or one of the recent repros? Nice ride. The pop top in a pamper is genius!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

Looks exactly like the bus in the (currently) last post in the movie thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
n2wheelies wrote:

Columbia river? Killer camper.

Ah the gorge... I was their Funnel Cake Technician from 2002-2005. Good years. By the way... Never eat a funnel cake from there... ever

nice bus by the way
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

SO34/42/Panel ?? Smile Very slick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
n2wheelies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

thanks guys, it is the one in the movie, and the seat was an original i found that needed complete restoration. it was a $500 bus, the owner was shot in the back in a traffic dispute in laguna beach in 1994 and I bought it from his mom. when i painted it the first time I found a big german auto supply store sign on the side. i grafted the top which i got from hot dog fred.

and yeah, the gorge is the bomb, that was a phish show. willie nelson still does a bday show there every fourth of july...

best daze of my life Smile
'78 scirocco
'67 13 window
'03 Mk4 TDI 'steve'
'04 W8 Phaeton 'david'
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

n2wheelies wrote:
he was awesome, ...

Past tense? What happened to the awesome bus? Cool
n2wheelies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

sold to you a sweet girl from the midwest. my friend saw it at a dead show, one of the last ones with Jerry or right after he died, on tour. Got $10K for it. that was pretty good back then...
'78 scirocco
'67 13 window
'03 Mk4 TDI 'steve'
'04 W8 Phaeton 'david'
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

Been to the Gorge many times over the years. Too bad it's all corporate now. Last time I went there was about '07 for a Tool show. It will be the last time forever. Show was great, venue was great, the cattle herders? Not so much.

For some reason your bus looks familiar. Were you ever at Gorge shows in the mid to late 90's?
vwcampin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

n2wheelies wrote:
sold to you a sweet girl from the midwest. my friend saw it at a dead show, one of the last ones with Jerry or right after he died, on tour. Got $10K for it. that was pretty good back then...

That 'sweet girl from the Midwest' is my wife Very Happy We flew out from Omaha and drove it back. Had it for years and eventually sold it to a former Colorado State football player from Boulder. Can't remember his name, but he was a Butkus Award winner.

Put a lot of fun miles on it and even left the church with it when we got married!

Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

vwcampin wrote:
... Had it for years and eventually sold it to a former Colorado State football player from Boulder. Can't remember his name, but he was a Butkus Award winner.

How about Matt Russell of Colorado? Apparently no Colorado State player has ever won the Butkus.

Now a Broncos executive:

vwcampin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

Good sleuthing Shoyrtt, that's him I do believe! My wife's the college football in this family Laughing
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

He obviously played Split End for Colorado..
n2wheelies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

well nice to meet you. belinda b... small world... i think you won a new motor irrc around the same time. im sending mr russell the paperwork i found...

:crying...

wow, mr bus Smile i actually found some german paperwork for the bus. maybe ill look him up. so cool guys. i love the bus - hippie community. i was on phish tour in that bus in 98, vegas too, and portland and the gorge....

YEAH!

'78 scirocco
'67 13 window
'03 Mk4 TDI 'steve'
'04 W8 Phaeton 'david'
vwcampin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

We did win a new engine at the MoKan VW Club's show. Our friend still has your 1641 that was in Mr Bus when we bought it. Small world indeed!
n2wheelies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

vwcampin wrote:
We did win a new engine at the MoKan VW Club's show. Our friend still has your 1641 that was in Mr Bus when we bought it. Small world indeed!

cool. that 1641 was done so right.... i honestly drove that van 65 mph all day long for months...
'78 scirocco
'67 13 window
'03 Mk4 TDI 'steve'
'04 W8 Phaeton 'david'
n2wheelies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

where is mr bus?
'78 scirocco
'67 13 window
'03 Mk4 TDI 'steve'
'04 W8 Phaeton 'david'
vwcampin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: this was mr bus - my custom stealth camping tour vehicle Reply with quote

Mr Bus resurfaces!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2454683
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: