Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

High-performance exhaust
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thingamabob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: High-performance exhaust Reply with quote

I own a 73' VW Thing with a Kymco header and hideaway muffler at 1 5/8. Is there a company that is making a performance system other than A1?
Bobby
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but does it matter where I got it from?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: High-performance exhaust Reply with quote

whats rong wif the kimco?... I was told the kimco's were actuly AL's headers. my scat was supposed to be a AL's/kimco/whatamidingy's header. it's the best made vw header Ive ever seen.although I did have to slightly heat&move 1&3 tubes for valve cover clearance&removal,the collector was exelent. the prior 4 or more headers were all junk and unaxceptable...and none were cheep.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: High-performance exhaust Reply with quote

Kymco is/was made by Al's Headers.

A1 sidewinder is the only other one available for a Thing that is raised.

I believe the A1 is a merged header while the Kymco is an extractor type (ie different collectors).
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: High-performance exhaust Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/872908.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/872907.jpg
I have this one, probably sell for the right price. It is 1.5" merged equal length made for 1.5" heater boxes

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: