Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 412
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Conser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: My 412 Reply with quote

Hi, just recently bought this 412 in this condition that it is in. I have put new tires on it (these ones aren't the new ones) and that's basically it as of now. Lots more to come in the future though. I would like to post a photo and any feedback I can get from it would be greatly appreciated.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: My 412 Reply with quote

Welcome!.....damn....going to be some suspension issues to solve on this one Very Happy .....I hope yo went back to normal sized wheels. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kyle Conser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: My 412 Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
Welcome!.....damn....going to be some suspension issues to solve on this one Very Happy .....I hope yo went back to normal sized wheels. Ray

I haven't changed the wheels yet, just put new tires on those wheels. Once I change the wheels(when I'm pretty much done with the restoration) I am going to go back to the original sized wheels. The guy before me decided to try and make it into a dune buggy/ off roading type vehicle, he cut the fenders off so I'm going to have to remake those or something, which is really unfortunate. Thanks for the feedback raygreenwood.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My 412 Reply with quote

Look around for some uncut,fenders. Take a detailed,assessment of what you find has been done to the suspension and let us know what has been done to the engine. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kyle Conser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My 412 Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
Look around for some uncut,fenders. Take a detailed,assessment of what you find has been done to the suspension and let us know what has been done to the engine. Ray

Sounds good, will do! Thank you. And well the engine has been swapped from the original dual carburetor to a single carburetor that sticks out of the original engine compartment, and the original lid has had to be taken Out and replaced with a plank of wood with a hole cut into it for the carburetor to stick out of. So it gets a little gassy inside the cab
Lars S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My 412 Reply with quote

Welcome Kyle!
Thats a different looking 412!
Front and rear fenders are bolted so they are easy to change but a bit hard to find - keep an eye on the Classifieds section here at TheSamba. Possibly it has been cut also in the fixed section in front of the rear wheel?
Sorry for the carbs but not hard to fix to stock when you have the parts.
By the way I do not believe that the 412 ever originally came to the US with dual carbs (only in some other markets) but your car might have been imported by a private person etc.

Lars S
Suzuki T500, -69, Candy Gold, sold Sad
Suzuki K50, -77, Black, daily driver
BMW R69S -69, White, sold Sad
Husqvarna 118cc, -47, Black, Sold Sad
Kyle Conser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: My 412 Reply with quote

Lars S wrote:
Welcome Kyle!
Thats a different looking 412!
Front and rear fenders are bolted so they are easy to change but a bit hard to find - keep an eye on the Classifieds section here at TheSamba. Possibly it has been cut also in the fixed section in front of the rear wheel?
Sorry for the carbs but not hard to fix to stock when you have the parts.
By the way I do not believe that the 412 ever originally came to the US with dual carbs (only in some other markets) but your car might have been imported by a private person etc.

Lars S

Thanks Lars, I'm definitely keeping my eye out for some fenders here! And I'm not too sure, where the fixed section in front of the rear wheel is, but if you think it's been done it probably has. And okay, well the guy I bought it from gave me what he said was the original dual carburetors that he switched out to the single carb that stick out of the engine compartment. But those things are pretty much a big load of crap and completely unusable.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: