Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

grass
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: grass Reply with quote

so Im thinken about getten some grass seed to reseed my lawn(not fer smoken) any body used zoyozia? I was thinken on cettipeed, but was wondering about this new hybred/synthesized zoysia stuff. it's hot hear,I have a lawn pump so h2o isant a issue, but I dont realy like mowing Shocked .and tired of the weeds now. I had the best yard around till I got about 4 new sets of neibors each set worse and all they have is weeds and morons over thier. my back yard is good st augustine that they cant eff up. or do I just grow sand spurs and blow them thier way....witch is what they do.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Put in some wheat grass and advertise it on Craigslist, all the stink foots will mow it for you.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Fresh grass will really spruce up the place.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Fresh grass will really spruce up the place.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice patio umbrella someday
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
so Im thinken about getten some grass seed to reseed my lawn(not fer smoken) any body used zoyozia? I was thinken on cettipeed, but was wondering about this new hybred/synthesized zoysia stuff. it's hot hear,I have a lawn pump so h2o isant a issue, but I dont realy like mowing Shocked .and tired of the weeds now. I had the best yard around till I got about 4 new sets of neibors each set worse and all they have is weeds and morons over thier. my back yard is good st augustine that they cant eff up. or do I just grow sand spurs and blow them thier way....witch is what they do.

Unreal, how do you dream this shit up? Sounds like a pilot episode for a new reality series. I've got the title for ya. "Lazy days on the redneck riviera" lol.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

I have zoysia grass and I like it. Grows slow and spreads by sending out runners. Buy the plugs, not the seed. The seed does not get good reviews. If my whole yard was zoysia I would cut my grass mowing by 50%.

Zoysia grows and spreads best if you do not scalp your grass.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

awesome thanks.
wow glenn I thought you would have a tad nicer looking place than that. is that zondlogerflogers place right next door? must be somethen to have a neibor like that.
air-h2o-air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Zoysia plugs or sod is the way to go to get it to grow(here in midwest anyway)

Bermuda is like Zoysia, it chokes weeds well, grows slow and likes the heat

Ive had better luck with Bermuda keeping out weeds than I have with Zoysia

both just about stop growing around 55 degrees(here in the midwest)
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

In an inland valley in SoCal I had two lawns, one Bermuda and the other St. Augustine (a close cousin to zoysia). Winter low-lows in the high 20s, summer heat at 100. YMMV.

Bermuda went brown all winter but was thick enough to stand up to heavy foot traffic in summer. Damn stuff invades all adjacent planting beds, though.

St. Augustine stays green in winter if you didn't mow it low. In summer it grows so fast you have to mow weekly. If you scalp it, it takes a long while to come back. Also very invasive.

Zoysia and Kikuyu are used on the fairways at the L.A. Riviera Country Club. It's mowed regularly and low height. Golfers complain it catches their irons because of the runners.

Last edited by KTPhil on Fri May 13, 2016 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

Unreal, how do you dream this shit up? Sounds like a pilot episode for a new reality series. I've got the title for ya. "Lazy days on the redneck riviera" lol.

He never ceases to amaze us, does he? Rolling Eyes
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

bermuda hear has to be kept short or it turns brown,it also dosent like trafic either car or foot. Ill probably mix the exzisting st augistine with zoyisa plugs.there is always somuch to do hear on the Rivera, making time to mow grass isant on my agenda weekley.and the yard guy is getten expensive and they bring weed seads on thier equipment.( the main issue)I been thinken on letting him go and ......omg I have a wife!!! lawn mowing issue solved. Rolling Eyes or I could hire zundlforestgump.....but i have somany fruit&citrus trees Im not sure they would survive him....Wait !!! they have big needle sharp thorns!!! Cool
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Mark I'll buy a shrimp boat and you and me can split the profits right down the middle,how's that sound?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Mark I'll buy a shrimp boat and you and me can split the profits right down the middle,how's that sound?

Can I be Lt. Dan?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

I planted zoysia plugs in my front lawn about 15 years ago. It took a couple of years to take but now it looks and feels like a carpet. I never feed it, never apply weed killer, and never water it.

The only thing I do is mow it once a week, using a bagger so that the weed seeds get sucked up. I don't have a weed problem. The lawn turns brown in the fall but I don't mind. It always comes back green in the spring.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

My yard is heavily shaded, but grass that grows in shade doesn't do so well when it gets hot or dry. After trying to plant different types over the years, I noticed that one thing always seemed to thrive, moss, so I've been transplanting & misting it regularly & pulling up the grass & weeds. Once the moss gets thick enough, I don't have to mow anymore & it's much more drought resistant than any grass & stays green & grows year round.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

now thers an idea...moss. I reckon if I used randy moss I could be a football star Shocked or be good for laying on Rolling Eyes ....
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

I'm not so sure the roofing project went so well for your heart Mark. You're not going to involve any subs on this project, are you?

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

dish it out and deleate.sweet, must be nice.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: grass Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I'm not so sure the roofing project went so well for your heart Mark. You're not going to involve any subs on this project, are you?

Perhaps Tucker could combine the roof with the grass like they do up der in Sister Bay, Visconsin. Da goats are yust a bonus, you betcha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQaVbbJUM9A
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: