Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

When has your child impressed you?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

Yeah I loved every minute!!!!!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

Not a day goes by that I don't thank G-D for my daughter (29) and son (26). Never a day of trouble and both excelled in college and their professions. My son is getting married in 3 weeks and my future daughter-in-law is as amazing as my children.

No need to expand on their achievements, i'm sure all of you have children that give you joy.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

The kid that got into the Gorilla cage impressed me.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
The kid that got into the Gorilla cage impressed me.
been there done that, not that hard to do.but the divorce proceedings are a bitch. final outcome...my first great kid.now a dr in tenn. 21 years of child support...priceless.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

.....well...my kid in monteray was boarding her flight to dc last sat and discovered she had no $$$ and left her CC in her car......just like her moma Wink so i tell her moma to go to wally world to send $$$ ...so her moma has a better idea...western onion....sends it...that location is gone, so another day with no $$....then sends her to another one she had just sent the $ to and.....it's not there...... and it closes befor she will be out of meatings.... so after 3 or 4 days, gess who I go to wally world with to send the $$$ to another wallmart.....is this a I told you so moment? Im gladd I dont have shit for brains. and I hope my kid learns this phrase. tit's pits wallet&eyes.
all this along with the place in motarey is a dump so nasty she cant even breath, eat there, shouldent sleep there in but paid for up frount a month before she got there and the girl renting to her is in china....... my daughter had no clue anybody could live like that. Confused she tried to teach the other china girl how to clean.....not sure it worked TP & water to kleen the kitchen.... 3 days of that then the trip to dc and no $ good thing she dosent work for the postal service.... hey anybody in montery got a room?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

Oh come now, Tucker.... even YOU had your parents help you do your baby-steps. Laughing

My oldest, 22-yr daughter, just finished college. Zero debt. Good job, good money. I tried to get her to move back in the house so she can save all her money for a year before being on her own. She turned me down.

I am the easiest dad. All you gotta do is fly straight and we are cool. I won't get in the way.

I am so pleased when I see kids in general doing what they are supposed to do. Respectful...so on.

I just shake my head when I see many...w/ hair out to here...ass hanging out, tattoos.
Oh im sure they are just expressing themselves.

Once, I dropped off my daughter in HS..and there were two very young kids just going at it in the parking lot. So I tell my daughter, [ and THAT is how you start on welfare.] Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

When my beautiful 25 yr old daughter started working at a Mortuary.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

They have impressed me for the last 29 years...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

So a little update.....

My son continued to plug along looking for an internship after not getting the one he wanted. He started sending out "cold call" emails to companies he was interested in. One responded and after two interviews he got a summer internship in Providence RI.

Now we live up in Mass so he also had to find a summer sublet. Not that easy of a task...but he did it. Not in the best area...but not terrible.

So he comes home for his cousin's graduation last weeeknd. I ask him how the job is going. He says:

"It is definitely not what I want to do for a living" (it is sales and marketing for a consulting company) "but I knew that when I accepted it. I knew it was out of my comfort zone and I wanted to challenge myself. It will teach me skills I can use though".

Man...when I was 21 "challenging" myself was trying to get up before noon and not puke after the night before.

Thank God for recessive genes.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

everything is a learning expearance.he now know thats not for him in the long run. but it can lead to somethen else even if it's a dinner. as for the trying to get up befor noon.....I have no exp in that aera, but many of times staying up way past noon form flogging then day&night before for a race...I miss those days.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

All the time! I have a BS in Accounting but I am grateful that they got their smarts from my wife the math teacher. That or generation skipping abilities from my father the University Professor with a Doctorate in Education.
Three kids, ages 29, 26 and 24. They are so much more capable in just about everything than I was at their age. Two graduated from Berkeley and all three are working and completely self supporting. Yes there was some heartburn with numbers one and three but we all lived through it.
We are so grateful for such bright, capable and responsible kids. We feel blessed every day of the year.

Now if there could be some grandkids while I am still able to do things......
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:

I hear that !!!!!!!!!!!! Popcorn

just sitting here waiting..... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
OB Bus wrote:

I hear that !!!!!!!!!!!! Popcorn

just sitting here waiting..... Laughing
Im there!!!! but there not Sad 8-10 hours away, kinda sucks, but...I live at the beach so... they do come see me.I fixen to go up there in a month.
on another note my kid in cali now called yester day and told my wife she had some news when she was hear 3 weeks ago but didnt tell us.....due to the over zelious wife....going wacko. the news was, she got a 4.0 tor the year at UGA. up Im proud of her. and I was in my shop when she told my wife and I heard the responce...wife was in the house. that kid may be onto somethen Wink
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

I'm proud of my Step Daughter, She graduated College at Sonoma State, and has been accepted into Law School.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

oh i'm so proud of my oldest daughter, she's done with 3rd grade! Laughing
and my second with kindergarten! Laughing

and my third? well, she's a bitch, still in pre-school.. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
oh i'm so proud of my oldest daughter, she's done with 3rd grade! Laughing
and my second with kindergarten! Laughing

and my third? well, she's a bitch, still in pre-school.. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
great!!! stay buzzy with them as they will be gone soon. and got them into something like band,soccer. so they have some good outlet not the x box or crap on tv. my daughters both thanked me for not alowing any of that x box stuff in out home&no tv baby sitter was employed. dont be a tiraint but be a freind and parrent the best you can. it seems my last daughter was born about 10months ago and now.....all growed up. where did it all go.I was there almost the entire time. tyme flies when you haven fun especialy with your kids. the hardest thing for me was getting in the race rig for a 4-5 day roadtrip&race.I took her a few times localy and once to gainsville....where it got rained out. still...pricless. I miss them both. time is on your side now but not for long.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

Yeah , we got them all into Yoseikan Budo, and try to keep them as long outside as possible, but not as much as some parent, that send their kids outside, in rain or hail.

being a friend tho, i do not agree 100% with that.
vdubyah73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

I think being a friend in such a way that they can talk with you about absolutely anything with out fear of retribution is crucial. Nothing was out of bounds between my daughter and I. Otherwise they get there heads filled with crap from peers, the inter web, or teachers trying to indoctrinate them. She was honor roll from sixth grade, high school valedictorian graduated college with honors and is now in med school rather than employed by the CIA. Seems to have worked considering where she is now.

Bill

73 bounty hunter, sold.
'77 transporter, junked had crotch rot.
Dubless, but have a CPR built stroker waiting for a new to me Beetle
'93 Fleetwood Bounder 34'
mgoodman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

I stand as a proud dad of my kids all the time...

My oldest son just got out of the USMC after 5 years, Afghanistan, a few other places...

My youngest son is a US Navy Corpsman, currently assigned to a marine unit preparing to deploy to somewhere over the water. It was a shocker when he was offered a couple of places to play ball for college, he told me he wasn't ready for 4-5 more years of school and that he wanted to join the US Navy.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: When has your child impressed you? Reply with quote

My son. Straight A student.

Went out and got academic and athletic scholarships for college this fall. Baseball and football.

I have to gently remind him that he is at college to get a degree and enjoy the sports so that he can have a weekend like we just had - deep sea fishing in the gulf stream and skydiving.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: