Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ZENITH 32NDIX
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

Am looking for jetting help for a ZENITH 32NDIX on non-plenum manifold on a mild-cammed, dual-port 1776 in a full-bodied Class 11 pre-runner Bug.

Any help here will be much appreciated ( am "new" to Zenith carb's)

(this is "PRE_ZENITH" engine)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Mr Bill"
Dos Perros Motorsports
Orange, CA
1972 Class 11x/Stock Bug
'60's era "vintage" Tunnell-Buggy

"...no one here....get's out ALIVE...."

Motor = electric
Engine = internal combustion

www.facebook.com/groups/DosPerrosMotorsports
www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DSTMULE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

Lots on the internet for Zenith. I used them for years...great carb.
I'll look to see if I have some info saved on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

I have run them for a very long time on my off road motors so I should be able to help also. First step is to make sure there is a PO10 stamped on it so you know it is the right model for a single carb application and not marked with a L or R just to make sure it is not from a dual carb application. Please take a pic of the setup you are using IE manifold and if the carb has the choke block plate or does it still have the enrichment lever on it. General condition of the throttle shaft if it is not worn out just so we know you will be jetting a good carb. You will need jet gauges to make sure you know exactly what sizes you are dealing with right out of the gate.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volken65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

here's an excellent post with lots of zenith information...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352129&start=340
mr_bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

Cool ....THANK YOU gentlemen....picking up carb & manifold @ BUG-IN this coming weekend... Exclamation

"Mr Bill"
Dos Perros Motorsports
Orange, CA
1972 Class 11x/Stock Bug

Motor = electric

www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

Every now and then I fire off a message to EMPI about the possibility of reintroducing the NDIX. They have done amazing things with IDF and IDA clones. I would love to see where they would take the NDIX. Maybe they could bring back the 36 NDIX as well for a larger throat...or was it the 38? I don't remember... Either way, I would love to see them back. I would think there would be enough demand for them.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
mr_bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

Is it possible to block the enrichner with a plate on a P010 ?? OR should I just leave the lever wired open ??

"Mr Bill"
Dos Perros Motorsports
Orange, CA
1972 Class 11x/Stock Bug

Motor = electric

www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
flashho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

Plating it looks cleaner, but I just wired mine. no problem. This is a great carb!! Once jetted, it is problem free.
Great idea Derek, keep pushing them.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

I would prefer to use a block off plate if it were mine. Primarily to keep dirt out of the choke equipment. Not a bad idea to connect a cable and have the choke actually work, especially if the car will be used on the road.

When Tech Inspecting a racer, one safety concern is that the carb or throttle body is equipped with at least 2 return springs working on the throttle arm (backup in case of one breaking). So the carb gets looked at. Over the decades I've Tech inspected hun...No...THOUSANDS of offroad race cars with Zenith carbs that have a piece of wire like welding rod or coat hanger holding the choke in the off position. I've worked on many friends and customer cars with them that way too.

The choke on the Zenith is like the choke on a Weber. It does not CHOKE the carb by blocking air flow down the throat. Instead, the choke opens an enrichment circuit to adjust the air/fuel ratio.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ZENITH 32NDIX Reply with quote

flashho wrote:
Plating it looks cleaner, but I just wired mine. no problem. This is a great carb!! Once jetted, it is problem free.
Great idea Derek, keep pushing them.

Thanks, I will. It would be pretty awesome if they made a faithful reproduction of a couple sizes. Zenith eventually ended up under the same corporate umbrella as Solex and Weber, so I don't see it being a problem to reproduce the design if they are already doing so with Solex and Weber.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: