Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

It's getting to be that time of year again, time for the 2016 Deutsche Classic.
Saturday July 9, 2016.
Held outside of Reading PA at the Oley Fairgrounds, this show is known for a wide variety of German made vehicles and interesting oddities.
Show is held at a very nice location, food is great, swap meet to help you find that part you've been looking for, fun events throughout the day, cars range from daily drivers to high dollar restorations.
Make your plans now!

Much more information as well as many pictures from past events can be found here:

Deutsche Classic | Mid Atlantic's Premier All-German Automotive Event

See you there!
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

Getting closer! Make your plans now, you won't want to miss this one!
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
Getting closer! Make your plans now, you won't want to miss this one!

Are you camping again John? I'll be there. Always love this show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

Where is the best camping near this show ?? It is about an 8 hour drive, so Friday & Saturday night camping.
I need a good summer Vacation road trip.....

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Where is the best camping near this show ?? It is about an 8 hour drive, so Friday & Saturday night camping.

The info page says there is camping at the show on Friday. I am not sure of much in that region but will say that truck stops are for the most part very small ( where I end up "landing" at night with the trailer). The Cabelas has a big lot and allow overnight parking for anyone. No restrooms once the store is closed though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

You should talk to my brother... he was thinking of doing the same thing. You guys should use the buddy system and meet up somewhere en route and make it a summer road trip!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

I'm also stuck for camping for this trip. My buddy and I were going to do tent camping, but I don't recall there being any place there. Is there even someplace near by for tent camping?

M
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

webwalker wrote:
I'm also stuck for camping for this trip. My buddy and I were going to do tent camping, but I don't recall there being any place there. Is there even someplace near by for tent camping?

M

My brother and I camped in the field the night before. It was very quiet. Only 6 people were there for the night. But I think the show field is haunted. I kept hearing things.... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

As of now I will be there.
Yes, there is camping on Friday night AT THE SHOW GROUNDS (outside the gate). It's in a big, open field. Plenty of room.
Not sure about camping in the area on Thursday or after the show.
Tom, if you're coming down, perhaps you could do a big chunk of driving on Thursday, camp in the Poconos somewhere, or along the Delaware, and then have a leisurely few hour drive to the camping at the show on Friday?
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

Anyone from New England who is heading down to the DC that could stop by Clay & Mary's or meet them near their house (Willimantic CT) to pick up a couple smallish items for me and bring them to the show?
Could pay some gas money, beer, whatever. Send a PM if it's something you'd consider.
Thanks
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

It's gonna be hot! Slight chance of rain right now but hopefully that will change.
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

I will be headed to this show, since it's been a good 5 years since I last went.

What time does it start?
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

I'm out, too many things at home I need to do.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

Schwing wrote:

What time does it start?

http://www.deutscheclassic.com/events.html

I'm here, was helping set up the show today.

Hope to see y'alls here!
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutsche Classic, July 9, 2016, Oley PA Reply with quote

Rain was a bummer, but, big thanks to Fred and crew that put on the show!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: