Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

That's gonna cost ya.
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: That's gonna cost ya. Reply with quote

I thought of another story.

I was working at a VW dealership in the 70's and a car transport had just left a load of new models on the lot. The owners son starts going ape-$hit about getting the new cars ready to sell, sell, SELL.

So, I bring this new '77 camper in to do the make ready on it. Depending on traffic in the shop, I would pull straight in the bay or maybe back in to the space. You know how a Westfalia bus looks sort of the same from front to back, looking at it from the side? Well, it did to me.

One of the things we had to do is drill the engine cover lid for a license plate bracket and because my state requires a front plate, we had to drill the front bumper. That's was the problem. I drill two holes in the rear bumper of this new bus and I didn't even realize my mistake, till I went to the front with the other bracket. There must have been a chick walking through the shop.

They had to order a new bumper and the dealership owner's son started going ape-$hit again.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: That's gonna cost ya. Reply with quote

Ouch, that was probably a sort of expensive mistake at the time.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: That's gonna cost ya. Reply with quote

bahh.. just push 2 rubber body plugs into the holes and some customer won't even notice, if they do say 'vanity plate option' and move on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: That's gonna cost ya. Reply with quote

I would kill for a bus where that is the only PO hack........ Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: