Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo?
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Hi guys,new the,fourum i need help,figuring out exactly what i,have. Its two 71 vw convertables,combined to make a limo. First car is like shofur has no,top and is shorter. The one behind it is from the firewall back and attached to,the,front. It has a full top. Its almost complete . My grandpa loved VWs he had over 20 when he passed. Neeeless his passion runs in my blood we are both great mechanics. We both have the same name. So i,got this,given to me by him hence generation bug. What i cant figure out is what type of,fiberglass front end and rear is.. i have pics ill post. It has a,lincoln front grill! Please anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Once i figure out how to pst photos ill tell you guys where they are thanks.
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

I put photos in,the vw kit car category this one wasnt in the list where you post photos so pleaae check em out tittle is generation bug limo. Thanks
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Just trying to find parts for the ftony end and want to know if there is more like my limo or if its one of a kind.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Here is the pics

Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Well, that's different. "Hood", fenders and engine cover were all commercially available aftermarket fiberglass parts back in the '70's to mimic the Rolls Royce look. I"d get it running and hire it out for high school prom dates..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Before you get too far, I would evaluate the structure under the car. "stretch VWs" have been done quite a few times. Some much better than others. Some you actually can see the sag.

I have a stalled project that involved adding 14 1/2" to the car and pretty sure I went way overkill with the added bracing and supports, but you just want to make sure the car doesnt fold in half. Had the car been completed and driven or was is never finished?
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

This would be fun for an Uber ride....
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing about uber. It was almost done when i got it . I had to conpletly wire it hook up the steeeing check the brakes and break in the motor gas tank and few otger things but now it runs great and is very solid. My grandpa was a pro at vws so its put together very strong. Ill take running board and take pics of how he combined em. I just cant find anything online about the front end but im sure its a kit you can buy . But its sweet ride it hauls but too .
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

It runs really good and is fast. The whole engine is chromed out i think he built the motor. The only thing left is the rear car interior and a convertible top. The top i have has little latches you hook and pull down to lock but it doesnt fit my car has two little holes that the top is supposed to drop into so im trying to figure out what model it supposed to be also. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

I think a company called AA Fiberglass or something like that used to make a couple of different nose and tail kits. One with horizontal headlights and one with vertical headlights. Might have been in the Speedway Motors catalog back in the mid 1970's? That was a LONG time ago! Shocked
Cool

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Cool thanks for that info guys ill check into it, and yes i have another thread in kit cars im trying to get as much exposire and ir falls into other vw and volkrods snd also vw kit cars. So im following yhe rules please unlock the other thrwad. This vw limo is awesome there not another one like it anywhere as far as value its pricless to me my grandpa,started it and im goinh to finish it like he wanted .
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

From what i understand no one knows that ive posted any of this unless they search in my category so i was just trying to get more people to see it so the chances would increase on rinding out about thay front kit.. thank you,guys Iam knew to this forum so any help on getting the best exposure would be awesome.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

It is custom and not a kit. Most likely the grill etc came from one of the many companies that made them back in the 70s/80s . BGW spectre made a rolls front end for example
Generation Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Hello everyone thanks for the replies. I did find out AandA fiberglass made 3 kits a 42 ford a 32 ford and the least sold rolls royce the buyer could choose diff enblems rolls royce limcoln and mayb one other im not sure. Unfortunatly rolls royce sued them and won so they shut down pretty quick so not many were made. I have yet to find anything about the heqdlights though i saw one or two pics where only one headlight was used. Mine has dual horizontal . The bulbs are five inch and easy to find the rings are little harder but possible. But the chrome bezel ill never find .im not sure if its an actual RR set up or if they used something else and not even sure if,they came with the kit. The pics of RRs looks identical but just one bezel is like 350$ because its an OE piece from the 60s believ it or,not a pederbuilt 349 or 359 from 85 to 01 look about the same and plastic chrom,so,its cheap. If anyone knows more,about the lights please let me know or ill just have to fabricate it. But the VW is running great and hauls ass the engine,is all,chromed out and has,bolted,valve covers and crank pully and exhaust and, single,intake. I dont know,how to find out what size,it is but if i know my grandpa he def built a bad ass engine it has nice cam you,can really hear it. Itll drift around corners with a throttle snap lol . Just re did the ball joints and shocks . Have some interior and top work left in the back car and detail finish in front cab.thanks everyone ill,keep you updated and post pics of the engine so one of,you can help me find out the CC. Happy wrenchjng.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Cool project, you may find some headlights and bezels at your local auto wreckers. They may have something from a 70s era car, maybe a Monte Carlo. Good luck and keep up the posts
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Generation Bug wrote:
Hello everyone thanks for the replies. I did find out AandA fiberglass made 3 kits a 42 ford a 32 ford and the least sold rolls royce the buyer could choose diff enblems rolls royce limcoln and mayb one other im not sure. Unfortunatly rolls royce sued them and won so they shut down pretty quick so not many were made. I have yet to find anything about the heqdlights though i saw one or two pics where only one headlight was used. Mine has dual horizontal . The bulbs are five inch and easy to find the rings are little harder but possible. But the chrome bezel ill never find .im not sure if its an actual RR set up or if they used something else and not even sure if,they came with the kit. The pics of RRs looks identical but just one bezel is like 350$ because its an OE piece from the 60s believ it or,not a pederbuilt 349 or 359 from 85 to 01 look about the same and plastic chrom,so,its cheap. If anyone knows more,about the lights please let me know or ill just have to fabricate it. But the VW is running great and hauls ass the engine,is all,chromed out and has,bolted,valve covers and crank pully and exhaust and, single,intake. I dont know,how to find out what size,it is but if i know my grandpa he def built a bad ass engine it has nice cam you,can really hear it. Itll drift around corners with a throttle snap lol . Just re did the ball joints and shocks . Have some interior and top work left in the back car and detail finish in front cab.thanks everyone ill,keep you updated and post pics of the engine so one of,you can help me find out the CC. Happy wrenchjng.

Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

Generation Bug wrote:
Hi guys,new the,fourum i need help,figuring out exactly what i,have. Its two 71 vw convertables,combined to make a limo. First car is like shofur has no,top and is shorter. The one behind it is from the firewall back and attached to,the,front. It has a full top. Its almost complete . My grandpa loved VWs he had over 20 when he passed. Neeeless his passion runs in my blood we are both great mechanics. We both have the same name. So i,got this,given to me by him hence generation bug. What i cant figure out is what type of,fiberglass front end and rear is.. i have pics ill post. It has a,lincoln front grill! Please anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Once i figure out how to pst photos ill tell you guys where they are thanks.

ferry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Please help me figure out what i have. Vw bug limo? Reply with quote

WOW Shocked iam speechless..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: